Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Bug in shape designer?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ephraim
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ephraimAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 510

Posted 11/20/2016 10:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I didn't have this problem with F25 but it has surfaced in 25.1, for me anyway. I hope someone can either confirm this or tell me the error of my ways. When I try to create a expression metatool I press the shift and letter key, the dialogue box appears, I select shape and create, and I get the shape designer dialogue. I select the Select Font from the Shape designer menu, click on the font I want, press OK and then Finale returns me to Shape designer dialogue, not the Shape Designer. Everything is greyed and nothing is clickable, and Finale is frozen and has to be force quitted. I've tried this several times with the same result. Can someone confirm this?

Ephraim

MusicScribe Engraving and Richard Johnson Editions

Finale 2011, TGTools, Patterson Plugins, Quickeys, Logic Studio 8, FontLab Studio, Acrobat X Pro
OS X 10.6.8
iMac 3.06 Core 2 Duo/4GB ram
MacBook Pro 13"

ephraim
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ephraimAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 510

Posted 11/20/2016 10:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Update to the problem. I discovered that Finale hasn't actually crashed but it has hidden the shape designer window underneath the other windows and I have to click on the window to bring it forward on top of the other dialogues to continue working on the shape.

MusicScribe Engraving and Richard Johnson Editions

Finale 2011, TGTools, Patterson Plugins, Quickeys, Logic Studio 8, FontLab Studio, Acrobat X Pro
OS X 10.6.8
iMac 3.06 Core 2 Duo/4GB ram
MacBook Pro 13"

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 11/21/2016 2:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So you're not on 10.6.8 and Finale 2011 anymore?

Yes, there does seem to be an issue with overlapping windows not being in the right order. I believe it's confined to El Cap. You can move each one to a different position to get the top most one back.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk