Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > double repeat  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

nachmen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to nachmenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 122

Posted 6/22/2016 12:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I'm writing a song in the begin there is a two ending repeat, and at the end of the stanza it repeats back to beginning play the repeat N°1 both endings and go further to the second ending of the repeat N° 2. but when Finale Playback's the stanza, when it goes back to the beginning it goes directly to second ending. it doesn't play the repeat N°1 fully. how can I make it play over the first repeat with first and second ending when it comes back a second time. To be frank it's only a playback issue because in the sheet it's written and who reads it will understand that.

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 6/22/2016 1:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Perhaps you have playback set to ignore repeats, or the repeat itself isn't set up properly to jump to the right place.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2014.5, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 6 plugin
MacOS 10.11.4
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB

Amsterdam

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 6/22/2016 2:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't really follow your description. If you want to post your file, we can have a look.

In the Repeat Tool, pick Check Repeats from the Repeat menu.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 6/22/2016 3:59 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When going back to a 1st and 2nd ending repeat, it's standard practice to jump to the 2nd ending. Finale is simply following standard practice. If you just need a recording, make a copy of your score and cut and paste the sections completely, eliminating the endings.

Retina Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5, 2.5GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM

nachmen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to nachmenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 6/22/2016 4:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
nachmen said...
Hi I'm writing a song in the begin there is a two ending repeat, and at the end of the stanza it repeats back to beginning play the repeat N°1 both endings and go further to the second ending of the repeat N° 2. but when Finale Playback's the stanza, when it goes back to the beginning it goes directly to second ending. it doesn't play the repeat N°1 fully. how can I make it play over the first repeat with first and second ending when it comes back a second time. To be frank it's only a playback issue because in the sheet it's written and who reads it will understand that.
I'm attaching the file it's the second stanza

File Attachment :
Veyesoyi5751.musx   97KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 288 time(s).

Derrek
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DerrekAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2347

Posted 6/22/2016 4:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
At the beginning you tell the repeat to "Always Jump." That is not how you have configured the second repeat sign. If you want them to be the same, you have to set the Repeat Assignment the same with the repeat tool.

Finale 2014d - Windows 7
GPO 4, JABB 3, World Instruments
TG Tools Full, (Sonar Platinum)

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/22/2016 10:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The third repeated section doesn't have a forward repeat bar to which to jump. Add that and you're good to go. In which measure was that to be?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

nachmen
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 6/22/2016 11:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To Zuill it needs to go back to the beginning of the stanza and play the repeat two times first and second ending going further till the second repeat.

nachmen
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 6/22/2016 11:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To Derrek I tried everything but nothing makes it recognize the second time around the first ending.

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 6/23/2016 5:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Try this. While in the repeat tool, double click on the handle of the number 1, then edit it like this :

Michel
Finale 2014.5, 2014d, 2012c (main), 2011c, 2010b, 2009b, MacOsX 10.9.5, Mac Mini Intel Core i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express, 3 monitors.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
edit_ending_1-3.jpg
  94KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 335 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 6/23/2016 12:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Your file revised seems to work. However, I would not use the last set of endings you have without either a special note to go back to the beginning, or with the more traditional D.C. al Coda where the repeat sign is (no first ending), then the Coda instead of the second ending.

Zuill

Post Edited (Zuill) : 6/23/2016 12:21:31 PM (GMT-5)

File Attachment :
Veyesoyi5751 Revised.musx   96KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 278 time(s).

File Attachment :
Veyesoyi5751 Revised 2.musx   97KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 277 time(s).

nachmen
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 6/23/2016 5:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Zuill you are always here with a helping hand. I didn't know that you can use D.C. al coda in middle of a song. There is another two stanza to this song. the song is built if you can use that word out of four stanza. to me it looked normal to write it the way I did. one thing I need to add is that the N°1 repeat I meant from the first repeat of the second stanza, measure 20. I put in measure20 instead of measure 1.
To cut to the chase is that I need to change in the context menu "always jump". correct me please if I'm wrong. Thank you. By the way what do you say to the melody?

Post Edited (nachmen) : 6/23/2016 5:13:16 PM (GMT-5)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 6/23/2016 9:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm more confused than ever. I thought this was the whole piece. Since it isn't, my advice might be different. I am having a hard time following your explanation as to what you want. Maybe post the whole song and then we can advise.

Zuill

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 6/25/2016 4:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think this discussion belies your original statement that

nachmen said...
it's only a playback issue because in the sheet it's written and who reads it will understand that.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

nachmen
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 6/26/2016 6:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To Zuill this is where I'm holding. I'm transcribing it from cassette it's acapella singing. I'm writing the melody line.