Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Jazz Font (extended characters): Mac to PC errors  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jamescarson1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jamescarson1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001
Total Posts : 16

Posted 9/30/2006 7:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The client is sending me a .mus file via email.
He's got a Mac, I've got a PC.

Everything comes up fine in PC, except extended characters in the jazz font (enclosures etc.)
They are all different than the one's they should be.

I've had him zip the file across email (to avoid problems with email compression).

I've tried, data check>convert text to windows. That changes the extended characters to other, still incorrect, characters.

I've done data check>check fonts(jazz text to jazztext, and so on). It changes nothing.

Did I hear something a long time ago, about revisions to the jazz font? Did that change the character mapping?
We might have different versions of the font, but that seems strange, we are both on 2006, so should have the same editions.

What else could it be?
I've found little in the forums on the subject.

Thanks,

James

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 10/1/2006 12:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Could you post a sample file here?
And perhaps also screen dumps of
- what it looks like on your system?
- what it should look like?

Peter

Mac Finale 2004c, 2005b, 2006c & 2007, Dolet 3.3 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.4.7, iMac G4 1.25 GHz, 1 GB RAM

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 10/1/2006 2:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just a wild guess:

Go to Options > Program Options > open. Is there a checkbox called "Text Conversion - Automatically Convert Text from other Operating Systems"? You might try checking/unchecking this then try again.

N.

Finale 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
TgTools, Patterson Plugins
Mac Mini 1.25ghz PPC - OSX 10.4.6
New Glarus Indigenous Pale Ale

jamescarson1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jamescarson1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001
Total Posts : 16

Posted 10/1/2006 3:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No need to upload a sample file as Grossingink's suggestion fixed everything.

I had "text conversion - automatically convert text from other operating systems" selected. As a consequence the extended characters were swapped on opening the file. Unchecking the box and reopening the file gave me correct output.

Seems that the jazz font is mapped so it doesn't require character swapping across platforms.

Thanks everyone,

James