Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > extension .asv ...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

tarang
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tarangAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2002
Total Posts : 139

Posted 3/20/2009 5:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello

Actually, each time I start Finale I have this message:

Extension .asv is already registered as 'photoshop.ASVColAdjFile'. 
Do you want to register this file type with Finale as 'FinaleAutoSave' instead?

I clic always yes but this message continues to appear

Have an idea?

thank you

Tarang

-----------------------

Windows XP
Finale 2008
Smartscore 3.0 pro

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 3/20/2009 10:27 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
.asv is used by several programs for different purposes. You need to change your Windows folder options.

filext.com/file-extension/ASV

Finale 2006

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it
-- W.C. Fields

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
-- Steven Wright

OokamiShadow
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OokamiShadowAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 11/23/2009 6:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm having this same problem with the same file 'photoshop.asvcoladjfile'. And I'm a little confused as to how to fix it or change the folder options. If i change the options would it mess up other programs that use it too?

Bravejoy
Op. 32ft/s^2

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BravejoyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 36

Posted 11/23/2009 10:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You only need to do this if you want to double-click on an ASV file and have it open in Finale.

If you're willing to open ASV files from within Finale, you can safely choose NO.

That's what I would do, since I really would only want to open MUS files in FInale witha double-click.

ASV files are autosave files that will let you go back to a previous edit if you make a mistake.

Robert

-------------------

SongWriter 2007
Printmusic 2009, 2010
XP Pro SP3

OokamiShadow
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OokamiShadowAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 11/23/2009 10:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well that same message pops whenever I try to open a MUS file. It even pops up every time I just open the Finale program now (I have 2009). The Mus files usually come up normally after I click yes/no on the message, but every time I try to playback I get another message saying Finale has stopped working and closes.