Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Cue Question  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Jim Williams
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Jim Williams's website.Send a Private Message to Jim WilliamsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 728

Posted 6/24/2016 12:24 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi...2014.5 on Win 10.
I've inherited a score that contains cue notes.
The cued notes come from a tuba staff and are cued into treble-clef instruments.
Of course, that requires a clef change before and after the tuba cue in the flute, etc. treble-clef parts.
HOWEVER: I want NO evidence whatsoever of the cues in the score.
Since the cues are in layer 4, I applied the blank-notation staff style, but I can't get rid of the clef changes in the score.
There doesn't seem to be an option to hide a clef change in the score but keep it in the parts.
There must be a way...what am I overlooking?
Jim

WinFin 2012, 2014, Core-i7 laptop, 16 gB RAM, Win 10 pro
Core 2 duo laptop, Windows 7 Enterprise
Two iPad 3s w/Zagg Folio
MACK 1150 and Yamaha 321 Euphoniums
Yamaha 621 Baritone Horn, blue pBone.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/24/2016 12:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Use a staff style that has a transposition, but None chosen, and then a Set-To-Clef to Treble. That should work. Since I can't examine your file, it's hard to say. Possibly that can be combined in the same sSyle as the blank notation. However, you might want to create a new Style so as to not change the original one.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 6/24/2016 12:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another option is to use 8va (or 15).

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Jim Williams
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Jim Williams's website.Send a Private Message to Jim WilliamsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 6/24/2016 12:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As always, thanks, Zuill & Motet!

I found yet a third way...for you P.D. Ouspensky/ G.I. Gurdjieff fans, I wonder if there is a "Fourth Way"...

Document>Edit Score>Staff Tool>Define Staff Styles>Blank notation layer 4>items to display>uncheck clefs.

Cues and clef changes are present in the parts as desired and absent in the score as desired!

Two iPad 3s w/Zagg Folio

Post Edited (Jim Williams) : 6/24/2016 12:48:16 PM (GMT-5)

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2570

Posted 6/24/2016 5:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jim Williams said...
As always, thanks, Zuill & Motet!

I found yet a third way...for you P.D. Ouspensky/ G.I. Gurdjieff fans, I wonder if there is a "Fourth Way"...

Document>Edit Score>Staff Tool>Define Staff Styles>Blank notation layer 4>items to display>uncheck clefs.

Cues and clef changes are present in the parts as desired and absent in the score as desired!

Careful of that method. Without hardwiring the clef into the staff style definition you could end up with no clef showing when the staff style spans a system break.

Ken

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2014, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram
Brass music, Woodwind Music, Concert Band Music, CDs, etc.

Jim Williams
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 6/25/2016 6:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Fortunately, Ken, that situation isn't in play here, but a deadline is! ;-)
Thanks for the tip.

Two iPad 3s w/Zagg Folio