Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > New Beta plug-in: JW Change v0.27  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
168 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 10/18/2012 7:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
madyson said...
The Change articulations [Swap] function seems to do nothing at all...?

It should work. What are you trying to achieve?

For example, if you have a passage with some staccato dots and you want to add accents to the dots, do like this:
1. Mark the region where the dots to be replaced are
2. Select "With Accent" as the "Swap Mode"
3. Hit Apply. Answer "Yes" on the question that appears.
4. The staccato dots articulations should now be changed to staccato+accent articulations.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finale Productivity Tips site

madyson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to madysonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 53

Posted 10/18/2012 9:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's only working when the articulations have font Maestro or Petrucci, not with EngraverFontSet.

using Finale since version 2.6.3

currently:
- Finale 2009c on AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1500+ with 768 MB RAM / Windows XP home

Post Edited (madyson) : 10/18/2012 9:21:19 AM (GMT-5)

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 10/18/2012 10:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
madyson said...
It's only working when the articulations have font Maestro or Petrucci, not with EngraverFontSet.

Ok, I will write that up for correction. Thanks!

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

madyson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to madysonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999

Posted 10/21/2012 3:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Jari, another problem in JW Change with Hairpins: Right Position only works in Relative mode, not in Absolute
Thx, M.

currently:

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/3/2012 3:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
madyson said...
Hello Jari, another problem in JW Change with Hairpins: Right Position only works in Relative mode, not in Absolute

I can't reproduce a faulty behaviour with the absolute mode.

For example: a hairpin should extend to 3rd beat of a 4/4, and I enter 3072 and uncheck "Relative". However, please note:
1. The plug-in will do nothing if the right-side point is set at a position to the left of the left side
2. The full hairpin range must be selected

If this info doesn't solve it for you, could you please provide a short example that doesn't work? Thanks!

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

madyson
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 1999

Posted 11/3/2012 4:18 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok, appar. the right endpoints where just 1 or 2 evpu's extending into the next bar, everything works now

Thx.

currently:

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2570

Posted 11/3/2012 8:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
FYI - I believe the dynamics part of the JW Validate plugin can help a user identify when hairpins extend a little bit into a preceding or subsequent measure. Can this "check" be added to the appropriate part of the change plugin to save the user a "Why isn't this working?" moment?

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2012c, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram
Brass music, Woodwind Music, Concert Band Music, CDs, etc.

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/12/2012 8:08 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari,

Wopuld you consider adding the option to move dynamic expressions when doing a change to the vertical placement of hairpins? I'm having to move a bunch of hairpins from below the staff to above it and need the dynamic expression to move with them. TGTools align/move plugin (lite and full version) does not seem to want to move the dynamics above the staff.

Ken

Post Edited (KennethKen) : 11/16/2012 10:09:57 AM (GMT-6)

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/20/2012 9:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Jari,

Please consider adding to the Notehead/Shape feature an option to change to one of the many "Let Ring" noteheads, especially the "X Let Ring" noteheads in EngraverFontExtra. This would greatly speed the creation of percussion parts. If the plugin could automatically select the correct notehead based on the notes staff position and whether it has an augmentation dot or not that would be even better.

Ken

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/24/2012 8:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Jari,

I don't know if there's an attribute that triggers the spacing of accidentals when another layer is present but could you consider adding a quick way to deal with Finale's incorrect spacing of unison accidental-ed notes in two layers (i.e., the accidental shows twice). I know we can hide one of them - and risk forgetting that the accidental is hidden when we extract/print the individual parts (Maybe JW validate could look through a part for hidden accidentals and warn us). I was thinking that a safer way would be to superimpose the accidentals so that it only looks like only one accidental is there (i.e., space them as if the other layer wasn't present). This way if we forget to undo the spacing in the part at least the accidental is still there - slightly superimposed on the note - but at least it's there...and much easier to spot in proof reading than a missing accidental.

Ken

Post Edited (KennethKen) : 11/29/2012 2:52:53 PM (GMT-6)

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/24/2012 4:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KennethKen said...
I don't know if there's an attribute that triggers the spacing of accidentals when another layer is present but could you consider adding a quick way to deal with Finale's incorrect spacing of unison accidental-ed notes in two layers (i.e., the accidental shows twice). I know we can hide one of them - and risk forgetting that the accidental is hidden when we extract/pring the individual parts (Maybe JW validate could look through a part for hidden accidentals and warn us). I was thinking that a safer way would be to superimpose the accidentals so that it only looks like only one accidental is there (i.e., space them as if the other layer wasn't present). This way if we forget to undo the spacing in the part at least the accidental is still there - slightly supperimposed on the note - but at least it's there. and much easier to spot in proof reading than a missing accidental.

Yes, accidental cases like this is planned to be handled by JW Validate.

I've added the other JW Change requests you've made to the todo list.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 11/29/2012 11:32 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari,

I've been using this after the Cue Notes plug-in to move whole rests in layer 1 below the staff when they collide with notes above. Very nice--I used to use the Move Rests plug-in and like this better. Normally I do this while editing the score, but last night I applied it to a part instead and the program crashed with an unhandled exception. I know it's not much to go on, but I thought I'd report that.

It would be nice to keep the window open since I apply it repeatedly; I assume a "roll-up" is in the works. It's nice that settings stick between incarnations. How about having them stick between invocations of Finale?

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows XP

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/1/2012 6:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And another crash, with lost work, this time applied to the score.

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows XP

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 2/8/2013 8:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari,

Is it possible to add a filter for size altered notes to the Note Entry container? This would be to change note sizes from one custom setting to another and would be helpful for the editing of cues and editorial notes (other users can probably come up with other uses).

So if I get a score that already has cues throughout it reduced to 75% size but I need to reduce them to 70% I would be able to select the entire score and set the filter to only work on 70% reduced notes (or all reduce notes or all size altered notes). This would, of course, have to ignore grace notes.

Ken

SF
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SFAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 1555

Posted 2/8/2013 10:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I would love to see Ken's request added to the plugin.

SF

MPB 17" 3Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB, 10.6.8 and 10.7.4
Power Mac 2.8 Ghz Qual-Core Intel Xeon, 16GB, 10.6.7, 10.7.4, and 10.8.2, (2) 27" Apple Displays, 23" Cinema, 20" Formac "Gallery," Acer 21"...real estate.
Finale 2.6.3-->2012a, Sib. 3.0-->7.0.3, Logic 9.1.3, QuicKeys 4.0.7, DoubleCommand DoubleCommand, Mouse Locator Mouse Locator

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 4/28/2013 12:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"JW Change" beta version 0.24 is now available for download from the beta download area on the Finale tips site. New and fixed in this update:

* Expression container added
* Smart Shape Lines container added
* "Macro-friendly" mode added (enabled through JW Plug-in Tool), where the tree is replaced by 2 popup menus
* Windowshade mode added (enabled through JW Plug-in Tool)
* Alphabetical sort mode added (enabled through JW Plug-in Tool)
* Filter added for resized entries
* Fixed a bug where the "Beamed Start" filter could affect non-beamed note as well
* Added "Resize", "Height", "Inset", "Freeze" tasks for Slurs
* Modifications to the filters for slurs and added filters: S-slur, Moved, Steep, Steep upwards, Steep downwards
* Last used task is now stored to disk
* Additional slur filter for slur span (the document's values for short/medium/long/extra long are used)
* Articulation/Rest entry filter added
* Entry Filter additions: Slur start, slur end, all ties end, all ties start

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 4/29/2013 12:20 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I now have version 0.24 installed, but the plugin Manager says I have 0.23 installed, and that I need 0.24.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 4/29/2013 1:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zuill said...
I now have version 0.24 installed, but the plugin Manager says I have 0.23 installed, and that I need 0.24.

Ah, I forgot to update the version number on the Windows side, I've now replaced the binary on the site. A redownload should correct it.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 5/25/2013 7:46 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari Williamsson said...
KennethKen said...
I've gotten accustom to the TGTools plugins' "Collapse When Inactive" & "After Go: Close / Inactive" options. Given the modeless nature of your plugins and their usefulness when editing it makes more sense to keep the plugins open while working. However, one can quickly find that they obscure the score, especially JW Change which benefits from having a slightly larger window but may need to alternate focus with the main Finale window. Is there any way you could add an option to make the plugins smaller when they don't have focus or is that stealing Tobias's thunder (minimizing has been around since the early days on windows but I didn't know if there was some sort of plugin developers code of honor).

Actually, the "window shade" code was created by me for PDK Tools once upon a time, to emulate the Mac OS8/9 Window Shade feature. So we've put the actual code for this in the public domain. I can't promise I'll add it to the "new" JW plug-ins though. I might use some other approach later on.
After working with both the collapse option in TGTools and the shade option in JW plugin, I've got to say that having the collapse option directly on the plugin is much faster and user friendly for me.

Perhaps its just the way I work, but sometimes I run a plugin on multiple non-contiguous measures and need it to collapse so that I can see more of the score and other times I run the plugin multiple times but want to keep it open because I can see all I need to see and don't want to have to click on it twice just to reopen it (this gets tedious when making a half a dozen quick edits). The problem is I switch between these 2 modes of working quite frequently/rapidly (like every 60 seconds or so , especially while editing parts). Going through JW Plug-in Tools - Options really slows things down especially since it forces me to actually close the plugin and reopen it to get the setting to work.

Is there a way to make the turning on and off of the shade option for JW Plugins faster/more flexible? Is there a programming reason that you don't implement it as it is in TGTools (which also has the "After Go: Close - Inactive" options which are also very handy to this user)!
Am I the only one who prefers the TGTools implementation?

Ken

liuyelian
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit liuyelian's website.Send a Private Message to liuyelianClick to Add liuyelian to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableClick to Add liuyelian to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add liuyelian to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined May 2013
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/29/2013 12:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sometimes, however, it would be nice to have an augmentation dot that's purely graphical (and won't confuse HumanPlayback with a staccato mark!) and that is correctly placed and sized.

I have been a FunForFreedom survivor since 7/2/12!Buy Diablo 3 Gold
Buy Runescape Gold Buy RS Gold
Supporting Leon X Zara! <3
I have a blog!

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/13/2013 9:32 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't see "Ties" in the JWChange plugin. Am I missing something? I know you can flip ties in Finale under Utilities (you can also do stems and other things that JWChange does) but it would be nice to have all edits be under one DBX, especially when the Sequence Editor gets hooked up.

Ken

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 8/13/2013 11:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Ken,

There is a Tie item under Noteheads.
My request would be to add the possibility to create left (backwards) ties, too, especially in the first measure of a coda, where it always takes a workaround.

Michel
Finale 2012c, 2011c, 2010b, 2009b, MacOsX 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion), Mac Mini Intel Core i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/13/2013 4:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Michel.

I'm actually looking for a command to flip/set ties in a certain direction without having to leave the plugin. Maybe these commands along with the existing one under Noteheads, your suggestion of an easier backward tie and length adjustment commands could all be placed in a "Ties" container.

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/14/2013 11:27 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ken: There will be a Ties container.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/16/2013 2:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Please consider adding the double-headed notehead to the Notehead/Shape list when you update it with the let ring note heads. Thanks!