Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Grid Hotkey Interface For Finale :: Current Version v0.19  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
53 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 212

Posted 11/23/2014 11:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The script along with all details are now on GitHub at /github.com/jsphweid/Finale-Hotkey-Grid.

2015-04-13 - Nothing has really changed in the script as of late but I did move the entire project over to GitHub. Join/fork/etc. it there if you are interested in using / developing it further!

-

Windows 7 Finale 2012c

Grid Hotkey Interface for Finale - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.
forum.makemusic.com/?f=11&m=443005

Another macro to make booklets effortlessly...
forum.makemusic.com/?f=5&m=448667

Post Edited (Joseph.) : 4/13/2015 2:55:38 PM (GMT-5)

Harpsi
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HarpsiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 495

Posted 12/7/2014 4:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Interesting, I will try this. I find it always a problem to choose what keys to assign to what, and this might be a good solution. I found your other post as well, the one with "Korean Gamer" in the subject. The computer game industry is leading the way in so many other aspects, so why not in this one!

I do not think of the Sibelius Keypad as a grid in the way you describe it though, but I can see what you mean. When I tried Sibelius I just found it very tedious to have to cycle through the different layouts to find what I needed. Using the function keys to change layout forces you to move your hand a lot.

Finale 2012, XP/Win7, Oxygen 25, KORG M1.

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/22/2014 12:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New release. Added some more functionality. More macros and changes to come. Does any of this stuff work on your computers?

Grid Hotkey Interface for Finale - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.
forum.makemusic.com/?f=11&m=443005&g=443005

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/22/2014 11:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok, watch this video to see GHIFF (as it is now) in action....

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nQlKz-0oxw

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883

Posted 12/23/2014 10:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jsphweid said...
Ok, watch this video to see GHIFF (as it is now) in action....

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nQlKz-0oxw

Very interesting. I'll give this a try over the Holidays.

Have you thought about incorporating Quarter Tone functions in this?

Noticed that you have skipped v0.13

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, Write Score Sound Sets, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.4
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014b
Progression, Progression 2, Notion 4, [Notion 5, (bought but not installed)]
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition 2014)
Systems (4) // Windows XP Pro, 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/23/2014 8:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ralph L. Bowers Jr. said...

Very interesting. I'll give this a try over the Holidays.

Have you thought about incorporating Quarter Tone functions in this?

Noticed that you have skipped v0.13

Quarter Tone... as in functions/buttons/macros that make quarter tones in Finale? No, I haven't.

I skipped .13 because I just archived it in my computer, made .14 and immediately started making changes. Changes far more substantial than those made from .12 to .13. I just archived .13 because it was working and I wasn't sure if .14 would. I don't know, man!

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/30/2014 9:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok, another new version now. More goodies.

v0.15
-created new "create expression" buttons for hidden, bold above the staff, italic below, tempo markings
-part preparation tools, adding info
-and many more macros
-updated the code to use smarter/faster menu selecting
-re-positioned some tools (still looking into making this customizable)

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012

Posted 1/12/2015 10:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Had some issues with GHIFF v0.15 not running when loaded and selected (Freezing?). Had to close it out and reopen to have function as designed (this has happened after working about an hour in on each session)? Resources issue, chip set?
Quad Core on an 8GB PC.

Has there been any reports of this happening with others?

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, Write Score Sound Sets, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.4
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014a
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
Systems (4) // Windows XP Pro, 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 1/16/2015 7:13:10 AM (GMT-6)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 1/12/2015 2:52 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Had some issues with GHI v0.15 not running when loaded and selected (Freezing?). Had to close it out and reopen to have function as designed (this has happened after working about an hour in on each session)? Resources issue, chip set?
Quad Core on an 8GB PC.

Has there been any reports of this happening with others?

AFAIK, you're the first brave soul to try it...

There are a few buggy things in this version that I've fixed. I'll upload a new one now. Occasionally when a macro isn't allowed to finish, it becomes stuck and you can't hit it again until you restart the script. This requires some overhaul in the code with better error handling. I assume that's what your problem is because it happens to me. I just have the macro bound to my left mouse button for now. If something goes wrong, I just hit it and it prompts to replace the instance of the script. Fairly temporary... I may have some time in a few days to do some fine tuning. For now here is the latest with a few fixes (main post).

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 1/13/2015 9:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joseph,

I have tried it with Win 8.1 Pro, and unless you run the script or compiled exe as an Administrator, no hotkey will fire with the Finale window in focus.  As an Administrator, it seems to work OK.  You may want to include such information in your notes for users of Win 8.1.  I'm not sure if the same is true with Win 8.0.

This is the apparent answer to this same issue I sent you a PM on a little while back.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU with 6 dual core processors @ 3.50 GHz (12 threads)

Realtek High Definition on board audio
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU with 4GB ram

512 GB SSD

Four 4TB and one 1TB internal SATA HD's
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 Bit Edition
Finale versions: 2011b.r2, 2012c.r13, 2014d.v5030

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 1/14/2015 9:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles Lawrence said...
Joseph,

I have tried it with Win 8.1 Pro, and unless you run the script or compiled exe as an Administrator, no hotkey will fire with the Finale window in focus. As an Administrator, it seems to work OK. You may want to include such information in your notes for users of Win 8.1. I'm not sure if the same is true with Win 8.0.

This is the apparent answer to this same issue I sent you a PM on a little while back.

Did you get my PM replies from back then?

What if you add:

RunAs, Administrator

to the top of ghiff v0.16?

Maybe try running autohotkey in compatibility mode for xp or win7? How does that help/hurt?

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 1/15/2015 11:48 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Joseph,

Yes I did get your messages.

The "RunAs" command only sets user credentials for all subsequent "Run" commands within the script, so this will not work.

Running a compiled script in Win7 compatibility did not work either.  I know the script worked with native Win7.

The only technique I have gotten to work with Win 8.1 is to right click on the AHK script file (or compiled exe) and choose "Run as Administrator", even though my login account is an Administrator account.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU with 6 dual core processors @ 3.50 GHz (12 threads)

512 GB SSD

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 Bit Edition

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 1/15/2015 2:46 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles Lawrence said...
Joseph,

Yes I did get your messages.

The "RunAs" command only sets user credentials for all subsequent "Run" commands within the script, so this will not work.

Running a compiled script in Win7 compatibility did not work either. I know the script worked with native Win7.

The only technique I have gotten to work with Win 8.1 is to right click on the AHK script file (or compiled exe) and choose "Run as Administrator", even though my login account is an Administrator account.

Compatibility mode for XP?

I'm kind of stumped. I am no expert. I'm not sure what else to try...

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 1/15/2015 4:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GHIFFv0.16 runs on my windows 7 systems.

Not able to get GHIFFv0.16 to run on my xp system, but GIFFv0.15 does (Strange that).

I have not tried to load and run on my LapTop windows 8.1 Pro as yet.

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 1/16/2015 7:12:36 AM (GMT-6)

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 1/15/2015 5:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ralph,

I'm curious for you to try it on your Win 8.1 platform.

Joseph,

With Win 8.1, there is no XP compatibility mode.  It only goes back to Vista.  This is strange because some exe's, including Finale.exe (F2014d), go back to Win 95 for compatibility mode.

I don't think there is much that can be done about it except run as an Administrator.  Since it only manifests itself with the Finale window in focus, I suspect there is some kind of issue that has "bubbled up" with the combination of Finale and Win 8.1.  It is not a scripting issue.

512 GB SSD

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center x64 Edition, (06.03.9600.00)

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

Post Edited (Charles Lawrence) : 1/15/2015 4:55:17 PM (GMT-6)

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 1/16/2015 1:00 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles,

It (GHIFF v0.16) functions on my LapTop as well as my Windows 7 desktops.

Joseph,

I was sorry to see "Print to PDF" is no longer there in the interface. Handy that.

Thanks for all your work here.
This tool interface of yours is becoming quite handy. If it keeps developing I can envision that you have a basic tool interface and an advanced one that you can monetize?

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 1/16/2015 7:12:11 AM (GMT-6)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 1/16/2015 12:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles,

It (GHIFF v0.16) functions on my LapTop as well as my Windows 7 desktops.

Joseph,

I was sorry to see "Print to PDF" is no longer there in the interface. Handy that.

Thanks for all your work here.
This tool interface of yours is becoming quite handy. If it keeps developing I can envision that you have a basic tool interface and an advanced one that you can monetize?

I decided to scratch that and now I have print 8.5x11 and print 11x17 in their part / score categories. It uses primoPDF. I think I might program a few if statements for people that use CutePDF and maybe another writer. It's easy enough.

I'm glad if you find it handy. It certainly needs a lot of work but already does a lot at this point. Monetization comes with more responsibility, which I probably won't ever want to deal with >.> We'll see.

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 1/16/2015 12:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ralph,

It is very curious that it works for you but not for me.  I am using a brand new 64 bit desktop computer with a new installation of Win 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center Edition.  It won't work for me unless run as administrator.  Something strange is going on here!

What version of AHK are you using?  Maybe that has something to do with it.  I am using the very latest 1.1.11.00 from http://ahkscript.org.  Anything from www.autohotkey.com is obsolete and not supported now.

[Oops! that should have been 1.1.18.00]

512 GB SSD

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center x64 Edition, (06.03.9600.00)

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

Post Edited (Charles Lawrence) : 1/16/2015 11:54:13 AM (GMT-6)

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 1/16/2015 12:45 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles Lawrence said...
Ralph,

It is very curious that it works for you but not for me. I am using a brand new 64 bit desktop computer with a new installation of Win 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center Edition. It won't work for me unless run as administrator. Something strange is going on here!

What version of AHK are you using? Maybe that has something to do with it. I am using the very latest 1.1.11.00 from http://ahkscript.org. Anything from www.autohotkey.com is obsolete and not supported now.

I am using Autohotkey. works well even if not supported. How many of us use older editions of software (F2010, Sibelius 6, and others) that are not supported and still works well? That is what is especially nice with running Windows PC's a good deal of older software runs under newer editions of the OS.

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 1/16/2015 1:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles Lawrence said...
Ralph,

It is very curious that it works for you but not for me. I am using a brand new 64 bit desktop computer with a new installation of Win 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center Edition. It won't work for me unless run as administrator. Something strange is going on here!

What version of AHK are you using? Maybe that has something to do with it. I am using the very latest 1.1.11.00 from http://ahkscript.org. Anything from www.autohotkey.com is obsolete and not supported now.

I am using Autohotkey. works well even if not supported. How many of us use older editions of software (F2010, Sibelius 6, and others) that are not supported and still works well? That is what is especially nice with running Windows PC's a good deal of older software runs under newer editions of the OS.

Strange because the #if (with pound sign) rely on the latest versions. I guess if you're using only the .exe, it doesn't really matter...?

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 1/16/2015 5:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ralph,

The version available from www.autohotkey.com is 1.0.48.05.  Is that what you are using?

Like Joseph says, the "#if" statement for context sensitive hotkey definitions, which he uses in his project, is not available in that version, at least it is not documented.

512 GB SSD

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

Post Edited (Charles Lawrence) : 1/16/2015 4:31:35 PM (GMT-6)

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 1/16/2015 7:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
AutoHotkey104805

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 1/17/2015 1:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
AutoHotkey104805

It is strange that it works. You must be only running the .exe.

Charles, do you get the same results:

1. running the .exe in my zip.
2. running the .ahk "ghiff v0.16"
3. compiling the .ahk "ghiff v0.16" and running that .exe?

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 1/17/2015 10:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Joseph,

In all cases 1, 2, and 3, it will not work unless run as an administrator.

BTW: Recompiling the script overwrote the original .exe file with no warning.  On occasion, the trigger to bring up the grid (CapsLock) brought it up, but it was behind the Finale window and you had to click on the green AHK icon in the taskbar to pop it to the top.

512 GB SSD

GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 2/13/2015 7:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New version v0.17 available. Full list of improvements up in OP and in the dropbox folder.