Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Improve Finale (2)  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
36 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Chad M
Customer Success Team Lead

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Chad MAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2015
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/16/2016 1:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey everyone! Thanks for the great discussion! Earlier this year, we launched a new help center platform which includes a user-driven community, including a board specific to feature requests that allows users to up-vote posts. Here are the links:

Feature Requests - Have an idea for a new feature? Share it here and vote for others.
General Problems & Questions - Pose questions to knowledgeable experts and share your expertise with others.

While it is largely a user-driven resource, our Customer Success team also participates in our new help center. We hope to create a more transparent view into product development and foster helpful discussion related to the use of our products.

Chad M
Customer Success Manager
MakeMusic, Inc

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our Customer Success staff, please contact us directly at www.finalemusic.com/support/contact-us/.

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/16/2016 2:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Chad,

Most of us here have looked at - and dismissed - those forums, for a number of reasons. They were discussed here, when the new setup was first introduced.

Product development should be driven by long-standing bugs and requests, not votes and 'likes'.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

John Ruggero
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John RuggeroAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2000
Total Posts : 820

Posted 11/16/2016 4:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I agree with Mike. If Finale had fewer flaws, a forum for requesting new "features" that really were features and not bug fixes would be more in order.

Mac mini (OS 10.8.5) with dual monitors, Finale 2014d (Finale 2011 as a backup) with GPO 4
Kurzweil Mark 5 with M-Audio Midisport 2 x 2, Adobe InDesign CS4 SmartScore X Pro, JW Plug-ins
www.cantilenapress.com

The better the composer, the better the notation.

Dave Lang
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dave LangAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 364

Posted 11/16/2016 7:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Chad - As stated earlier, there are a number of reasons that people who use Finale prefer this forum.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (late 2013), OSX 10.11.6, Finale 2014.5, Finale 25

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 11/16/2016 8:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I fourth the above three comments!

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

OCTO.
The radical answers.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OCTO.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 2659

Posted 11/16/2016 11:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Me too. Fifthe here.

Chad M said...

General Problems & Questions - Pose questions to knowledgeable experts and share your expertise with others.

Why don't you consider this forum's huge database of users, topics and replies as something valuable? Here are knowledgeable experts and we shared our expertise with others for many years. That seems not to be fair.

OCTO said...
MM has opened this FORUM (1) so that users can help each other. It is on .makemusic.com domain but they don't monitor.
If you don't get help or improvements here, you might try via their SUPPORT (2). I tried several times, and I was not particularly satisfied. Also, the help that is not visible to all users, is a 1/2 help.
Than we have a BLOG (3), but you cannot comment to suggest.
Than, they opened a FACEBOOK account (4), for quick help.
Than they opened another help forum at ZENDESK (5).

And now, the feature requests [6], but we are not sure how they are handled.

I am confused. Please help me.

Finale 2014.5 • OS X: Yosemite, MPB 15', 16GB RAM

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 11/18/2016 11:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Chad M said...
Hey everyone! Thanks for the great discussion! Earlier this year, we launched a new help center platform which includes a user-driven community, including a board specific to feature requests that allows users to up-vote posts....While it is largely a user-driven resource, our Customer Success team also participates in our new help center. We hope to create a more transparent view into product development and foster helpful discussion related to the use of our products.

As has been pointed out, the new help center platform is wanting for several reasons. Is there some reason your Customer Success team can't participate here?

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 11/18/2016 1:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well said, Motet! Let's see if we get an answer to that...

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

OCTO.
The radical answers.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OCTO.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 2659

Posted 11/18/2016 1:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
+1.

No, +2000. :-)

Finale 2014.5 • OS X: Yosemite, MPB 15', 16GB RAM

Dave Lang
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dave LangAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 364

Posted 11/18/2016 2:41 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Unfortunately I don't think there will be an answer.

I don't understand why modern companies write off the user forums almost all the time.

Must be something in the MBA programs that tells them this is a good idea.

As someone else pointed out, you have a group of knowledgeable, committed clients that want to help.

Yet you turn your back to them over and over again.

weird

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (late 2013), OSX 10.11.6, Finale 2014.5, Finale 25

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/18/2016 5:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"Voting" on problems and suggestions? Really?

And besides, every time I go there, I have to sign in. Again. I don't have time for this sort of foolishness.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."