Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Extra notes/Speedy Entry  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Christopher Putnam
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Christopher PutnamAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/13/2004 5:14 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use Speedy Entry all the time, and a lot of my work is things like transcribing Gregorian chant into modern notation. Obviously, I have to Jump to Next Measure manaully, as each successive measure has a widely varying number of beats. Simple Entry's dialogue gives 4 options, as you know: Delete, Move to next measure, Keep moving to empty measures, or Ignore.

This leaves me having to Ignore, and to manually change each time signature measure by measure, manually. Given that Finale has never simply added a fifth option, "Change the time signature to match the number of beats entered," is there any hope of a plugin that could execute that command globally? (I'm using Fin/04 for Mac—at last!)

Thanks.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 3/7/2004 2:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you choose for speedy not to jump to next measure, and turn off "check for extra notes", and lastly have all of the measures set to "position notes evenly across measures," you can just leave the time signature as is. Unfortunately, playback is all off. What you want is a great thing, and I hope someone comes up with that plug-in, however, I thought a suggestion about a possible option for the time being might get you by. You probably already knew the steps I outlined, but I never assume that that is the case.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004a, Win 2000 or XP

Matthew Hindson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Matthew HindsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 406

Posted 3/7/2004 4:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There is a plugin called JW Time Signature, created by Jari Williamsson. You select the bar in question with the mass mover tool, select the plugin and then voila. You should be able to find it at http://www.finaletips.nu

Whether or not it works with Finale 2004 OS X, on the other hand, is another question...

Christopher Putnam
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Christopher PutnamAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 5

Posted 3/8/2004 10:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks. I've dropped Jari W. a note to see if he'll be updating any time soon. His TimeSig plugin is exactly the right thing. I hadn't thought about the option to space notes evenly, which would make a difference, so I'll try it. (Do extra notes then not go past the right barline? For this kind of stuff, playback's a complete non-issue, so I'll give it a try.)