Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > use num-lock with OS X?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

cpwoods
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cpwoodsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 8

Posted 6/18/2002 11:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I open the measure tool to add more measures, the window opens with the blue outlined box. There's no cursor in it until it hit back space a couple of times. Then the cursor returns, but the numbers I type never show up. The music does add the correct amount of measures.

Same thing happens in expression. I wanted to create a metronome marking, but the letters and numbers never show up in the box.

Can you tell it's my first day using OS X? :-)

Chris

jasako
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jasakoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 440

Posted 6/18/2002 9:14 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i've had problems with typing in numbers
as well, particularly the 'go to measure'
field at the bottom of the main window,
can't get anything in there!

'playback from measure' numbers (in
playback window) works, but it's buggy.
both these number fields have caused
Classic to crash.

also, whenever i hit the 'clear' key (also
marked 'num lock') the little light comes
on (or off depending) which never
happened before i started using Finale
in Classic...

hmmm, curious?

kignature
Registered Member

Click to send kignature email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to kignatureAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 337

Posted 6/19/2002 9:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 6/19/2002 2:14:00 AM, John Polglase wrote:
>also, whenever i hit the
>'clear' key (also
>marked 'num lock') the little
>light comes
>on (or off depending) which
>never
>happened before i started
>using Finale
>in Classic...
>
>hmmm, curious?
It seems that OSX now wants to recognize the numlock key (Apple must be gonna drop the clear key...

KI