Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Garritan Marching Percussion in Finale  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Keith Z
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Keith ZAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 28

Posted 2/24/2015 9:23 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am having a heck of a time getting my percussion line instruments to play or notate properly using percussion mapping. I devisd maps for each line, but only the bass drum line inputs or plays properly. Anyone know?

I'd be happy to use ANY of the libraries I can get to work!

File is attached - I'm using the libraries Morristown...

Finale 2014 Windows 7

Thanks so much! Deadline approaching!

File Attachment :
ACDC Score 1.musx   123KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 274 time(s).

Keith Z
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Keith ZAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 2/24/2015 10:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
oops - I'm using Garritan COMB 2 or I can just use the Finale Garritan, or softsynth, or.... ;)

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 2/24/2015 11:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm not sure what you are asking about. Is "Morristown" a sample library? In any case, have you gone to http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/ and read about how to set up Garritan libraries?

Finale 2014c with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0.
JABB 3 and Concert & Marching Band 2.
Steinway: basic. Garritan's Instant Orchestra.
Garritan World Instruments. TGTools Pro
Windows 7 Home Edition, AMD FX-8100 8-Core Processor, 10 GB RAM
onboard Beats Audio sound card

violin and flamenco guitar, composer

Administrator, The Compose Forums
Specializing in contemporary art music

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 2/24/2015 12:14 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
All I have is what comes with Finale. The VDLite set has most of what you want. I had to modify several items in the Layouts to choose ones that are available in VDLite.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

File Attachment :
ACDC Score 1 Revised.musx   124KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 271 time(s).

Keith Z
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 2/24/2015 12:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ron, the COMB 3 is set up properly, but I can't get the percussion sounds to input or play back as it should. I have been in the Score Manager, and set up new percussion libraries titled Morristown etc. The bass drum works, but not the others.

Zuill I may have to use that - probably good enough. But I'd still like to learn what I'm doing wrong.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 2/24/2015 12:52 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't have the sound sets you have, so I can't check for you. Sorry. One thing is that, if the option is checked in the Layout, sounds in your Layout that are not available in the chosen Map will show in Italics. That will tell you which sounds are going to work and which not. if they are all Italic, then that tells you nothing will sound.

Zuill

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present.

Keith Z
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 2/24/2015 1:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Zuill, got that

Keith Z
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 2/24/2015 1:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK = I've got the Garritan SOunds inputting correctly, but on playback, they are wrong. ARGGG! smilewinkgrin

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 2/24/2015 3:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Possibly you have an Input Map different from the Output Map?

Zuill