Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Need a Special Batch File Processing Script  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 12/2/2004 5:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have about 300 Finale MUS files which I need to batch process to do the following: (1) open each specified file name from a list [included either in the script directly (if necessary) or in an external text filename data file]; (2) create a text file with the same name with a ".TXT" extension; insert into the beginning of the file, the contents of the "File/Info" comments' text; (3) append to the TXT file, the contents of ALL lyrics (without labels); (4) close the TXT file and the current MUS file; (5) repeat the proceedure for each listed MUS file. I believe such a FinaleScript might also be useful to others cool . The Plug-in for "Lyrics/Extract" Lyrics does partly what I want.

Benjamin Tubb, Finale Engraver
WinF2K5a
Webmaster of Public Domain Music (www.pdmusic.org)
Editor and Compiler of
"Henry Clay Work: Complete Songs and Choruses"
(Kallisti Music Press, 2002)

Robert P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Robert P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 1691

Posted 12/3/2004 9:32 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmmm.. sounds out of current FinaleScript's abilities...
That's an interesting case, though, so I'll keep this kind of need in mind...

Robert

David Ball
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit David Ball's website.Send a Private Message to David BallAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 217

Posted 9/19/2011 9:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi....

I want to batch process lyric extraction on 1500 files!
Is this doable yet? (Windows)

Thanks

David

Mircea
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 642

Posted 9/24/2011 1:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It should work, since all the work is done in Finale (as opposed to file naming which goes out to Windows Explorer save window)

©1999 - 2011 E tot ce va spun!

Finale 2011
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Phenom II x4 965, 4GB RAM