Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > audio engine failed to load…please restart Finale (any thoughts from anyone?)  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
59 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

delcuj
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to delcujAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/5/2013 10:09 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I purchased Finale 2014 last evening, and downloaded the product. When I went to start Finale 2014, I received the following error message:
AUDIO ENGINE FAILED TO LOAD, PLEASE RESTART FINALE. Only have a message screen was available, but it looked like there was an error message #7…hard to tell.

In any case, there is no sound for playback, not option for hyper scribe. If I select hyper scribe as an option and try to input, the screen remains frozen, nothing happens, the marker does not move, the metronome does not click or move forward in counts.

I have a macbook pro, OS 10.8.5. There was another post similar to this, but I don't think I have the same issue. I called Make Music support this morning and will now be filling a out a system profile to see if they can trouble shoot this issue.

Just wondering if anyone is having similar issues. I have Finale 2012, and fortunately, that is still running fine, sound and all.

thanks!

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JustinPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 822

Posted 11/5/2013 10:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you go to MIDI/Audio Menu > Device Setup > Audio Setup, what options are listed under the Audio Output dropdown menu?

Thanks!

Justin Phillips
Senior Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Need to contact Finale Technical Support? Click here to create a support case.
Twitter

delcuj
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to delcujAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 11/5/2013 10:33 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
drop down menu has the following:
- Built-in Output (which is the one selected)
- Airplay
- Motorola S10-HD
- Motorola S10-HD(Stero)

If I do "test audio output"…there is no sound.

thanks!

HelmutTheDancer
Registered Member

Click to send HelmutTheDancer email.Click to visit HelmutTheDancer's website.Send a Private Message to HelmutTheDancerClick to Add HelmutTheDancer to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableClick to Add HelmutTheDancer to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add HelmutTheDancer to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 156

Posted 11/5/2013 12:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just installed 2014 and cannot get Hyper Scribe to work. Midi files load and play correctly, but I cannot record anything.The screen freezes completely.

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JustinPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2009

Posted 11/5/2013 1:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is Bluetooth on?

Let's give this a try:

1) Press Command + Space Bar and type "Preferences"
2) open System Preferences in the list of items
3) Click on Bluetooth
4) Turn off Bluetooth
5) Launch Finale

Does the same problem occur?

Justin Phillips
Senior Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Twitter

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Date Joined Mar 2009

Posted 11/5/2013 1:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HelmutTheDancer said...
I just installed 2014 and cannot get Hyper Scribe to work. Midi files load and play correctly, but I cannot record anything.The screen freezes completely.

Does MIDI Input work in Simple or Speedy Entry?

Justin Phillips
Senior Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Twitter

delcuj
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 11/5/2013 2:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OH MY GOSH….U R GENIUS! So simple….thank you for taking the time to look into this. SOOOO excited about working in Finale 2014, thank you for your diligence….

AHHH!!!

best,

john

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Date Joined Mar 2009

Posted 11/5/2013 6:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi John,

So I'm guessing turning off Bluetooth did the trick? Does it crash again if you turn it back on?

I'd like to track this one down, because that's a troubleshooting step, and not a solution :-).

Justin Phillips
Senior Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Twitter

bassoongoddess7
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to bassoongoddess7AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/5/2013 6:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Justin,
This is the same person from Facebook that is having that same problem. I tried the bluetooth trick and it still doesn't work.

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/5/2013 7:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The bluetooth thing didn't help for my issue, either. I know they aren't related, but I'm trying any remedy that comes along!

And I had to dig out a corded mouse!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014 on Mac 10.9
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

PWade
Registered Member

Click to send PWade email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PWadeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 101

Posted 11/9/2013 7:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So, now I can't use my wireless mouse! Am I going to have to purchase a corded mouse? This is ridiculous!

Mac Book Pro
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Finale 2011
East West Symphonic Gold
Ivory Grand Pianos, Synthogy
Pro Tools 9
Kontakt 4
Play
Komplete 7

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 11/9/2013 8:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Everybody in MM's labs has Apple products with corded keyboards and mice?

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society

josefern
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to josefernAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 18

Posted 11/9/2013 9:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Same audio error here. Mac Pro Mavericks 10.9 Finale 2014 "Audio Engine failed to load." error.

I don't have any playback in either midi or audio units? Whats up with the complicated fix and why bluetooth?

I've tried this all and it still does not work?

Do I have to wipe off all previous finale versions and instruments?

Finale 2012 works fine for audio, But 2014 is dead on arrival. Very time-wasting and frustrating. What else to try?

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Date Joined Mar 2009

Posted 11/9/2013 11:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
PWade said...
So, now I can't use my wireless mouse! Am I going to have to purchase a corded mouse? This is ridiculous!

It's not Bluetooth, it's most likely an audio device that's causing problems that's connected via Bluetooth. I'm typing this from my wireless keyboard and trackpad.

Justin Phillips
Senior Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Twitter

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Date Joined Mar 2009

Posted 11/9/2013 11:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
josefern said...
Same audio error here. Mac Pro Mavericks 10.9 Finale 2014 "Audio Engine failed to load." error.

I don't have any playback in either midi or audio units? Whats up with the complicated fix and why bluetooth?

I've tried this all and it still does not work?

Do I have to wipe off all previous finale versions and instruments?

Finale 2012 works fine for audio, But 2014 is dead on arrival. Very time-wasting and frustrating. What else to try?

What type of audio hardware do you use with your computer? If none, do you have any sound recording or routing applications open when you try to launch Finale?

Justin Phillips
Senior Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Twitter

Ned Mcgowan
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ned McgowanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/10/2013 5:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had the same problem. Neither the bit rate and channels or Bluetooth corrected the problem. However in the Audio Midi Setup I did have a couple of settings related to the Vodburner (Skype video recorder). I unistalled the program and then Finale 2014 worked.

Ned

kgoodson
Registered Member

Click to send kgoodson email.Click to visit kgoodson's website.Send a Private Message to kgoodsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 26

Posted 11/10/2013 7:05 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am having the same issue. I'm already using a corded mouse & keyboard. Just turned off Bluetooth, started Finale and got the same error. Running a MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Mac OS x 10.9.

Considering Notion.

Kenny Goodson
MADD Creations

Kenny Goodson
kenny@maddcreations.com
kgoodson@ntcc.edu
http://www.maddcreations.com

kgoodson
Registered Member

Click to send kgoodson email.Click to visit kgoodson's website.Send a Private Message to kgoodsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 26

Posted 11/10/2013 7:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK. I went to Finale's Support page and it recommended the following:

Mac:

Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup.
Select the default output device.
Change the format to 44100.0 Hz and 2ch-16bit.
Launch Finale.

Mine was set to 44100.o Hz and 1ch-16bit. I made the recommended change. When I launched Finale, I got the same error message multiple (3-4) times. I then loaded the file I had been using to test the playback and it played back successfully. The file was a marching band score using a combination of Garritan Concert & Marching Band 2 for wind instruments and SmartMusic SoftSynth for drumline.

Kenny Goodson
kenny@maddcreations.com
kgoodson@ntcc.edu
http://www.maddcreations.com

daerp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to daerpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 123

Posted 11/10/2013 10:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My default audio set up was fine (it was set to 44100.0 Hz and 2ch-16bit) which was recommended. My playback through MIDI works, but playing back with AUs doesn't work (sound stutters or no playback). I saved the file in Finale 2012 format and no problem playing back the file with AUs.
My problems started when I installed Garritan's JABB3 according to the instructions on the MM site. I've removed JABB3 but the problems persist.

This post isn't helping very much, I realize, but I'm hoping that a solution might appear here soon.

iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB of memory, OSX 10.9, Finale 2014, Digital Performer 7, Yamaha S90, M-Audio Prokeys SONO 61 Homepage: www.paulread.ca

josefern
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to josefernAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 11/11/2013 2:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
From what I can tell there are no other audio devices or interfaces running when I get this error. I've attempted to remove preferences that could have been corrupt, and unplug other audio devices. It did not help.

Please keep on posting ideas for a solution. I need to use the program for a big job in the studio, but I'm crippled until this is solved.

Mike Rosen
himself

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 11/11/2013 6:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You are certainly not crippled! You can continue to use 2012, or whatever you used, before. Save the 2014 for when you don't have a deadline hanging over your head!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Steven Errante
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Steven ErranteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/11/2013 7:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale 2014, Mac OS 10.8.5, MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

No audio devices connected, audio output set to 44100.0 Hz / 2ch-16 bit integer

With Bluetooth on:

"Audio Engine failed to load. Please restart Finale" in improperly-sized dialog box
No sound when entering notes in Simple Entry
Hyperscribe either freezes or doesn't appear to receive incoming notes
Playback- no sound, and I-beam indicator that shows playback point remains at the beginning of m. 1

With Bluetooth off:

Normal Finale behavior

Jeffrey Quick
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jeffrey QuickAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 20

Posted 11/16/2013 8:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What Steven said, except that I don't get the error message. No sound until I turned off Bluetooth, which is no loss for me. I was set for 24 bit and kept it there. Advantage in going to 16?
OS 10.9, imac8 (2.4Ghz Core Duo)

Robert Paterson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Robert Paterson's website.Send a Private Message to Robert PatersonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003

Posted 11/20/2013 3:41 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had the same problem, and visited this page: http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5523

I switched everything to 44.1, 16 bit, and now everything works fine, without messing with Bluetooth settings. I'll report back if any more issues crop up, but all seems fine now.

BTW: I'm using a MacPro, OSX 10.9.

Robert Paterson, Composer
http://www.robpaterson.com
Finale 2011br2
Setup: Mac Pro Desktop
Finale 2012c, TG Tools, Pro Tools, Garritan Personal Orchestra 4, etc.
mAudio 88 Key USB MIDI Keyboard

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 11/20/2013 3:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What do you do if your sound output device doesn't support anything but 48 kHz?

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2014, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 6 plugin
MacOS 10.9
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB
Kontakt 4.2

Amsterdam