Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > New to script. Any help? Hoping to make one for JW 'pattern' plugin  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

twistiejoe
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to twistiejoeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 218

Posted 5/27/2016 3:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,

I'm brand new to scripts. Haven't delved into this world and am very daunted.
I've read this and it's starting me off, but I'm stuck
https://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Finale2014Win/Content/Finale/Using_Finalescript.htm#Finalescript_structure

I want to make a script that will open "JW Patterns..." and select either a crescendo or diminuendo or a slur with a shortcut.
I stuppse I know how to make it select the menu - but I'm not sure how to proceed from there.
How do I make it click the down arrow of a menu like in JW Patterns, for example?

Is there a better page that can take me through these kinds of things step by step?

Is there a video that can help? That wuld be a big help.

Thanks for your help!

(Also, do you think Finale might one day make it so that such a thing is simply built into the program? I'm surprised they haven't just made a shortcut that will create a perfect crescendo like the JW plugin does already ...why won't they do that?)

Finale 2014 Full Version
Long-time Sibelius user trying to learn how to use Finale. Help me please!

Harpsi
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HarpsiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 495

Posted 5/27/2016 6:56 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can have a look at

http://www.jwmusic.nu/jwplugins/wiki/doku.php?id=autohotkey

This is by JW himself, and uses autohotkey on Windows. Try it!

Finale 2014.5, Win 10, Korg M1, Oxygen 25

Claus
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ClausAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 5/27/2016 8:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello

two thoughts on this:

Though quite familiar with FS I couldn't make the JW Plug in respond to key-click commands (i.e. down arrow 2- would normally put in two clicks on the down arrow button)

Furthermore after several tries to modify the script the whole FS "area" shut down: everything greyed out, not responding to anything until complete shutdown and relaunch of Finale 2014.d.
Maybe I give it another try on Fin2014.5 tomorrow, but maybe somebody else knows whether this is a known issue with 3rd party plug-ins?

On FS in general:
If you happen to be able to read in german (or at least gather what's being explained from the commands mentioned), there is a very useful guide to finalesscript on the german dealer's homepage.
(klemm-music.de) It's actually a free to download appendix to S. Schwalgin's current Version of his long time existing Guide-Book to Finale.

twistiejoe
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to twistiejoeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2010

Posted 5/27/2016 6:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks!
Okay I've done a bit of working out, and getting some help.
Here's my script so far, but it won't work, it gets stuck and I have to stop it. It opens the JW plugin but then gets stuck ...

select tool
menu item "Plug-ins/JW Plug-ins/JW Pattern..."
select pop up "> (diminuendo)" near "Shape type:"
Press "Apply"
Press "Close"

What can I try now?
It's not working and I can't work out why :S

Thanks.

Finale 2014 Full Version

Harpsi
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HarpsiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 495

Posted 5/28/2016 12:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't think you can do this with finale script. I spent quite some time trying but no luck. See my post above. You might also check out timusic.net, he doesn't use FS either but an external macro program for the Mac. That might be your way to go. Watch the video where he demonstrates his setup.

Finale 2014.5, Win 10, Korg M1, Oxygen 25

twistiejoe
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2010

Posted 5/28/2016 12:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I did watch that video actually. Or maybe it was the wrong one? Hmm.

Finale 2014 Full Version

twistiejoe
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2010

Posted 5/28/2016 9:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Got in touch with tim. Turns out the best way to do it is to make separate plugins and assign shortcuts to them :)
Only problem is when you restart finale you have to set-up each plugin seperately again

Finale 2014 Full Version