Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > 'New to the new' simple entry  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Ted Doerksen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ted DoerksenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001
Total Posts : 98

Posted 12/26/2003 5:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I couldn't find this using the search functions, so I'll quickly explain the problem...

When using simple entry in Finale 2004, the use of multiple layers often causes the notes to be vertically misaligned. How do I prevent this? I don't want to mess around correcting the spacing every time this happens.

Thanks in advance.

smile

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/26/2003 6:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Could you attach a file to demonstrate the problem?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004a, Win 2000 or XP

Ted Doerksen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ted DoerksenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001

Posted 12/26/2003 6:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's a little movie of the problem: www.user.dccnet.com/prof/clip0001.avi

Don't you love buying broken products?

Post Edited (Ted Doerksen) : 12/27/2003 12:38:59 AM GMT

Playflute
Life is a take...

Click to send Playflute email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PlayfluteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Serge to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 267

Posted 12/26/2003 8:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ted,
I replicated it... but found no solution. Let's tell the technicians at makemusic !

Serge  
WinXPHome/F2004/TGTools 

Post Edited (Playflute) : 12/27/2003 1:14:34 AM GMT

File Attachment :
vertical alignement question.MUS   61KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 426 time(s).

Ted Doerksen
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2001

Posted 12/26/2003 9:41 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I find it hard to believe that this could have been overlooked in beta testing... hopefully a fix will come soon (or I sure won't be paying for any future versions) :(

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/27/2003 12:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is not a new problem (does it in 2002 and 2003), and it is not unique to simple entry (speedy does it too). Finale adjusted the second to the right because you had that option in music spacing. Then you changed the note to make it a fourth away, if I followed your movie, Finale thought it was still a second away. That may be a bug, but by highlighting the measure or measures in mass edit, and applying retranscribe, it aligns things correctly. Try this and see if it helps. If not, then forget everything I just said.

Zuill

Post Edited (Zuill) : 12/27/2003 9:26:52 AM GMT

Ted Doerksen
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2001

Posted 12/27/2003 3:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Zuill, that did the trick.

-Ted

korneel.bernolet
out of inspiration

Click to send korneel.bernolet email.Click to visit korneel.bernolet's website.Send a Private Message to korneel.bernoletAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 735

Posted 12/29/2003 12:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can do this faster.
I've got this often (but I use speedy to enter notes). finale does the music spacing for me (nice boy ! :-)), but when i open an older document (eg. made with finale98), the music spacing isn't correct. by highlighting all the measures with mass edit - retranscribe it's done like Zuill said, but if you have to change from speedy/simple every time you see that fault, it takes long. so i just go some measures before the fault (in speedy) and with the arrows on your keyboard (i cannot speak english good :s) you go to the right until you're after the fault measure. then you just need to click somewhere out of the staff and finale spaces everything.

grtz

Korneel Bernolet (korneelbernolet@hotmail.com)
- Finale 2003a ** Windows 2000 Prof. -

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/29/2003 12:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Somehow I can't seem to get that method to help for this bug, but I'm glad it works for older documents.

Zuill