Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Printing only 1/4th or 1/2 of a score ?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

bcarwell
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to bcarwellAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 70

Posted 1/27/2016 10:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have an orchestral piece with around 40 instruments and only have an 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper printer.

When I print the full score, each instrument staff is too tiny to work with.

Is there a way that I can print the first 10 instruments to fill the page, then print the next 10 instruments on a separate page and so
on, so that I get the entire score vertically on 4 pieces of paper I can scotch tape together.

As with a related post, I realize I could just erase staves 11-40, leaving a reduced score of the first 10 instruments to print. And
then just erase staves 1-10 and 21-40, leaving staves 11-20 to print next and so on.

But is there an easier way to print a big score on 4 pieces of paper ?

Bob

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/27/2016 11:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have you tried Tile Pages?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 1/28/2016 2:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It sounds like you could use a large format printer. They're not all that expensive these days - about $250 for an inexpensive Epson. Then you could size your scores to, say, 11x14 and not have to dink around.

N.

OSX 10.8.5
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work
Finale 2014.5

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

• "It should be the emigrated Loch Ness." (to the basses)
• "We do it Wiener Schule kind of poco apostrophe."
• "Could I see lead being sacrificed on the paper?"

–conductor Leif Segerstam