Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Change in Forum Location  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
135 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/21/2016 1:11 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dan Kreider said...

To what end? Catharsis?

Dan

You say that as though it were a bad thing.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 12/21/2016 1:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jim Coull said...
So Mike, in addition to all your other talents & skills, you are also a fan of Becketts?

JC

Theater major in the late 60s-early 70s. I can't help it!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Ebony Ivory
On Ebony And Ivory I'll Tinkle All Day Long

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ebony IvoryAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 4594

Posted 12/21/2016 7:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ttw said...
Well, I really liked Encore which is supposedly being refurbished. I survived so I'll survive after Finale.

Encore was wonderful - and I only moved to Finale because Passport Designs went belly up, and Coda (as it was then) offered me a competitive cross-grade.

Amazing, that my entire Encore 4.11 installation (yes, I still have it so I can access my legacy pieces) takes up a grand total of 1,708,532 BYTES of disk space - oh, plus the fonts, I guess. And yet it still let me compose, arrange, print and perform music!

Oh, and I still have Finale 97 (my first version) installed, at a "whopping" ( ;-) ) 13,364,949 bytes!

Brian

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/21/2016 11:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The encore comes after the finale, right?

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/21/2016 12:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Only if there is a standing ovation. The way I look at it, that ain't happening.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Mike Rosen
himself

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 12/21/2016 1:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"My mind is made up. Don't confuse me with facts."

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

highlife66
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to highlife66AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 61

Posted 12/23/2016 2:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Keep this forum going until the new "better" one gets the bugs fixed. This forum has been very helpful to me...

bvstudios
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to bvstudiosAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2010
Total Posts : 156

Posted 12/23/2016 2:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been thinking, and I think I have it.. When MM signed with the new provider, I would bet the contract included some sort of exclusivity clause, which essentially forbids the company from operating any similar product which may compete with the new item.

It's a reasonably common clause, but in most every case I've seen, it only benefits the new provider and fails both the buyer (MM) and their downstream connections (us).

Why CEO's go for it is beyond me. It's like buying a Chevy and being told that for as long as you have that Chevy, you can only operate that Chevy. You are forbidden from driving your Toyota, and by the way, no one else can, either. Because you bought the Chev, the Toyota simply has to be locked up and allowed to rot.

No one in their right mind would agree to that, but in the business world, they do it all the time.

K M Frye

Finale 2014.5, PM 2011, 2010, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2000

GPO4, WORLD, JABB3

M-Audio, Boss JS8, Roland VSC-55 Sound Canvas, Rhodes 660 workstation, Roland MC-50 composer (yeh- it's old, but it works if you can find the floppies), Reaper 4.32
Windows 7

Ebony Ivory
On Ebony And Ivory I'll Tinkle All Day Long

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ebony IvoryAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 4594

Posted 12/28/2016 8:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Of all the forums (fora?!) I use on the web, I actually like this one the best. And (apart from the people, their knowledge and the subject matter), I actually mean - the forum itself: its format, modes of use, etc.

Despite being "old tech", this forum is the clearest, the easiest to glance through to update on what's been going on, to track responses to one's own questions and comments, and so forth, of any that I use.

If MakeMusic is convinced it's no longer worth bothering with, I wonder whether they would hand the whole thing over to someone else who WOULD be willing to host, run and maintain it, for the common good?

Brian

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/1/2017 10:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Let's get at least one post in this thread on this old forum in the new year.

Happy New Year!

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"