Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > OSX, QuickTime and Finale 2004  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

apollon
Registered Member

Click to send apollon email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to apollonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2001
Total Posts : 56

Posted 12/11/2003 2:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, all !

I had several playback troubles when using QuickTime 5.0 (all versions) with Finale 2003 running on G4 OS 9.2.2. Finally, when I get to install QT 6.0.2 (but keeping same Finale and OS versions) the playback problems have disappeared but, on the other hand, both my browsers (Explorer 5.0 and Netscape) can't read .mpeg and .mov files since then. As I consider to upgrade OSX and Finale 2004 soon, my questions are :
1. is there any known incompatibility between OSX and the newest QT versions (6.04 or other) regarding Finale 2004 as well ?
2. if so, what is the more compatible QT version to run with OSX and Finale 2004 ?

Thanks a lot, indeed.

Apollon

Slandrom
Registered Member

Click to send Slandrom email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SlandromAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 1792

Posted 12/11/2003 2:52 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The latest I have is 6.4 which can be used only with OSX

Björn

2002b, MacOSX 10.3 sometimes Win98, TgTools 2.25, QuicKeys X2, 2.0.2