Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Comparing two simlar .MUS files? How?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 3/28/2002 11:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It is one of the functions in the full set of Tobias Giesen's TGTools.

www.tgtools.de

Dick

Wopbamboom
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WopbamboomAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2001
Total Posts : 47

Posted 3/29/2002 7:53 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmmmm... seems like an obvious answer. But I still can't figure it out. None of the commands in the TGTools drop-down menu seem to be the obvious solution. I tried clicking on the "user manual" command, and all it did was give me a notice that I did not have the .pdf file (shouldn't this have come with the TGTools program?), and that I should download it from the TGTools site. So I went to the site, and found the TGTools200.pdf program. I downloaded it, installed it in my Finale plug-ins folder like it said to, and tried again to pull it up by clicking on the "user manual" command in the drop-down menu. Still no luck. Of course, my TGTools program is version 1.88, and not the V2. Could this be the problem? I would really, REALLY like to start using my TGTools program, but seem to be dead in the water without my user's manual...

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 3/29/2002 11:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nate,

I have version 2.01b, but I'm sure that the Compare Entries function has been part of TGTools for a couple of years.

In the TGTools drop down list you should find Compare Entries under the Miscellaneous category.

Also, the User Manual command in the TGTools drop down works fine for me. Your problem there may very well be the difference in versions.

My suggestion is for you to download the current version of the tools along with the manual and install the whole works.

Dick