Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Wishes for Finale Plugins -- Smart Quotation Marks  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Rudy B
...anything mac or music...

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Rudy BAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/26/2009 12:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, with using Finale, I wish that it would use the Smart Quotation Marks like Microsoft Word uses. I prefer the look of them so I manually change them in every song I typeset. It gets to be alot of work when I'm typesetting a 520 song songbook, but because it looks nicer I do it anyway. Is there any way that this could be added to Finale?

Rudy Bueckert
Rudy's Music & Printing

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 10/28/2009 6:21 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On a Mac, you can access smart quote marks by <alt> [ and <alt><shift [ for double quotes. Use ] for single quotes.
I presume there's an equivalent keyboard press in Windows.

You can of course copy and paste text from the Edit Lyrics window into a text editor, do a global replace to Smart Quotes, then copy and paste the text back into the Edit Lyrics box.

Finale 2009c, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.6.1
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 11/10/2009 7:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you use Windows, get the free program AllChars for Windows at sourceforge.net/projects/allchars
This will let you insert smart quotes easily. CTRL,',' gives you ” and CTRL,`,` gives you “

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
NEW SITE www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Print Music 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

watson.shane
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to watson.shaneAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/2/2010 2:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I accidentally missed out a note in my script so I proceeded to try and move all the music along to add it in but then of course, things beyond that just get deleted. Is there any way to add in a note so everything just moves along or do I have to do it manually, filling in notes as I go along?

nice post ... jaron