Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Keyboard shortcuts  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

tear
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tearAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 157

Posted 3/30/2004 12:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am using Finale 2004, and I can't find some of the shortcuts that Finale 2003 had, such as: S for the sharp, F for the flat, T for the tie, Dot for the dotted notes, N for natural. Now, I still get the Tie with the T, and Dotted note with the Dot. The others don't work anymore, nor can I find them in the manual. Can someone help with this?
Thank you very much, Ted Lebar.
P/S I asked a few days ago about  Jari Williamson's Tempo Tool and it seems nobody knows anything about it. That was a wonderful piece of software and I miss it a lot. Is there some equivalent on the market? I have Finale 2004 and Windows.

Pete Sawchuk
This Spacebar For Rent

Click to send Pete Sawchuk email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Pete SawchukAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 670

Posted 3/30/2004 1:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ted,

Simple Entry's been revamped for 2004. Check under "Simple menu > Simple Entry Commands > Accidentals"; looks like "-" is now the shortcut for sharp, "=" for flat & "N" should still be for natural. I recommend going through the tutorial located at "Finale 2004 / Tutorials / EntryExercise.MUS". Also, you might get more/quicker response if you post questions like this on the Windows forum.

Pete Sawchuk
Finale 2004a, Mac OSX 10.3.3
PowerMac G4 Dual 867Mhz, 1 Gb RAM
23" Apple Cinema Display, 32Mb VRAM
Edirol PCR-30 Keyboard Controller w/ built-in USB interface

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 3/30/2004 3:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can also customize the shortcuts to what they were before in the simple entry options.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, Win 2000 or XP