Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Delete Second Staff  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

robin2001
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to robin2001AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2015
Total Posts : 9

Posted 6/29/2015 3:35 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I have modified some of the included examples in Finale 2014 and have met my needs by extending the examples. But I cant find any good examples for other needs.

I wish to open score manager and delete the second staff.

Anyone know if possible and how.

I am doing this because I have a large number of files I need to only keep the first staff.

Thanks,

Graeme Gilmore
Registered Member

Click to send Graeme Gilmore email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Graeme GilmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 371

Posted 6/30/2015 9:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I couldn't find a way to do this in Finalescript. It is easy to select the second listed instrument, but I couldn’t find a way to select and delete the x icon for the instrument.

menu item "Window/score manager"
home key//Ensures that the selected instrument is the top instrument in the list.
down arrow //Selects the second instrument
menu item "Window/score manager" //closes Score Manager

It appears that deleting an instrument from the Score Manager Instrument List is exclusively a mouse action.

However, deleting a staff or staves can also be quickly done from the Staff Tool. Highlight a measure in the staff or staves you want to delete. Select “Delete Staves” or Delete Staves and Reposition” in the Staff Tool—or use the keyboard shortcuts.

In Finalescript this would be…

//Select at least one measure in each staff you want to delete.
Menu Item "Staff/Delete Staves and Reposition"
//Menu Item "Staff/Delete Staves"

Hope this is of some help.

Graeme

Finale 2014d v/5030, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, GPO, TGTools, Patterson Plug-Ins, JW Plug-Ins

robin2001
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to robin2001AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2015
Total Posts : 9

Posted 6/30/2015 9:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
THANK YOU.

I had to slightly modify to:

Process all open docs
work on later 1
Menu Item "Staff"
select staff 2
Menu Item "Delete Staves"

And it works perfectly.

Thanks
Rob

Post Edited (robin2001) : 6/30/2015 12:07:47 PM (GMT-5)