Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Forcing Sharp/flats symbols  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Reuben Ware
It's easier to have the last word----Yes dear!

Click to send Reuben Ware email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Reuben WareAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 126

Posted 4/21/2004 7:37 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How do I cause the sharp or flat symbol to be placed on a note in a bar that follows an inserted flat or sharp on the preceeding bar?

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 4/21/2004 9:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm not sure if this is a question about Finale Script, but would you explain in a little greater detail what you are trying to achieve? If you are speaking about having the accidental show in the next bar if the note is tied from the previous bar, that can be done by forcing the accidental to show, or with the cautionary accidentals plugin. I don't think you would need Finale sript for that.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, Win 2000 or XP

Reuben Ware

Click to send Reuben Ware email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Reuben WareAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000

Posted 4/22/2004 6:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 I am using Finale 2004b.  When a sharp or flat is added to a note of a tune that is not in the assigned key, the sharp or flat appears. If it is tied to the next bar it is obvious that note that is also the same.  If the note is not tied and should not be a sharp or flat there should be a way to put that sharp or flat symbol in parenthesis to show the player that it is the same as the key.  Thanks Reuben.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 4/22/2004 8:02 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can add accidentals manually in speedy entry or simple entry (and even add a parenthesis), or you can add them using the plug-in for cautionary accidentals.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, Win 2000 or XP

Reuben Ware

Date Joined Apr 2000

Posted 4/22/2004 8:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.  Reuben.