Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Need a big favor...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

KigD
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KigD's website.Send a Private Message to KigDClick to Add ScratchfromStart to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Softfade@hotmail.com to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Jul 2001
Total Posts : 260

Posted 11/7/2004 1:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
I'm trying to submit this music to a contest. However, it sounds REALLY bad on my soundcard.

It sounds even worse when I export it as an mp3 on soundforge.

If anyone here has a good soundcard with good midi fonts, if it is possible for you to render my midi as an mp3 :-)? It'd be so appreciated.

If possible, just send me the mp3 to k2xl.com@gmail.com .

I'll somehow make it up to you if you do, just I really want to do well in this competition, and the music sounds so bad on my computer.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny M
AIM Screen Name: ScratchfromStart
MSN Messenger: Softfade@hotmail.com

Member of Finale Forums since 2001 (3 years veteran!).
K2xL.com

File Attachment :
The Unlikely Hero.MUS   93KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 493 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 11/7/2004 3:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I tried to send the mp3 file, but I kept getting a timeout message. Wish I could have helped. The mp3 sounded nice done in 2005.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, 2005, Win 2000 or XP

KigD
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KigD's website.Send a Private Message to KigDClick to Add ScratchfromStart to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Softfade@hotmail.com to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Jul 2001

Posted 11/7/2004 3:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How large is the file?

Where are you sending it from?

Thanks so much for trying to,
Danny

Danny M

K2xL.com

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 2203

Posted 11/7/2004 4:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Maybe the one I sent maxed out his email quota. Mine was 4 megs.

David Morehead

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 11/7/2004 4:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Maybe. Mine was 4.3 MB. Well, I hope he gets yours. He only needs 1.

Zuill

KigD
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2001

Posted 11/7/2004 4:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know how else to thank you David and Zuil!

But which one do you guys think personally sounds better for me to turn in?

A) David's
http://www.hazakah2458.com/d/a.mp3

B) Mine
http://www.hazakah2458.com/d/b.mp3

C) Zuill's
http://www.hazakah2458.com/d/c.mp3

They all sound good! I don't know which one to choose :(.

Thanks again so much, it means a ton to me,
Danny

Danny M

K2xL.com

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 11/7/2004 4:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
David's. Definitely!

Zuill

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000

Posted 11/7/2004 4:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Zuill,

What strings are you using?

David Morehead

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 11/7/2004 4:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just used the Finale Soundfont. Sounds like you've got a nice set. What are you using?

Zuill

JanJan
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JanJanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2003
Total Posts : 372

Posted 11/7/2004 9:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
measure 32 has a low D on the double bass
that note is not payable unless you have a 4 string with a low c extension or a 5 string double bass
i would be a shame to miss that note (players will just jump an octave to play it but doing that messes the intervals
just a tought

nice piece by the way

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2000

Posted 11/7/2004 10:41 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

JanJan

Some double basses go all the way down to low C.

Ranges of orchestral instruments

Zuill,

I use Garrtian Personal Orchestra. You can get more realistic results if you construct your string section one by one but I used the section samples to save time. You can't do this with most sound sets becasue the samples are the same and you will get phasing problems.

GPO has many different samples so you can write unisons that don't cancel each other out. 

David Morehead

JanJan
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JanJanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2003

Posted 11/7/2004 10:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i know ive been playing double bass for the past 14 years, have a bachelors degree in double bass performance and im the principal bass player in the puerto rico philarmonic orchestra.
and this piece looks like is written for students and how many schools have low c extensions. a double bass can go down to a b natural if its a 5 string

and to quote the link you placed
The low B is relatively rare on double basses, but low C is nowadays quite common in professional orchestras.
the operative word here been profesional orchestras

KigD
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2001

Posted 11/7/2004 10:53 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey guys,
Nobody start any tensions here.

That's amazing that you have a degree in double bass :-). Thanks a ton for pointing out that error. Since I'm in highschool, if I turn it in with the proper ranges it'll be a plus.

Thanks a ton again, I'm reprinting those pages.
Danny

Danny M

K2xL.com

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2000

Posted 11/8/2004 10:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Janjan,

I must have been in a hurry and didn't read your entire post. You had already pointed out that the bass does go down to low C with an extension. My apologies.

David Morehead

JanJan
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2003

Posted 11/8/2004 8:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thats ok
everyone makes mistakes we are all human
i hope my post didnt sound harsh ,it wasnt meant that way

fcopaja
Registered Member

Click to send fcopaja email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to fcopajaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add fcopaja@hotmail.com to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 526

Posted 11/9/2004 3:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sometimes, it is useful to raise some notes an octave higher before hitting the low D, usually in a weak beat.

Felipe Copaja
Papageno Music
CA3-TLL