Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Inerface messed up  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

wimkamp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit wimkamp's website.Send a Private Message to wimkampAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 1999
Total Posts : 78

Posted 2/14/2004 7:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It happens from time to time: suddenly all the menus are placed as you can see in the attachement. It's really annoying, because you have to rearrange the menus and you more or less do it differently every time. This makes Finale less user friendly for me, because I must look for the icons at different places after every change and that slows down working with Finale.
Is there any fix for this?
Thanks
Wim

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Interface messed up.JPG
  15KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 266 time(s).

Mircea
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 642

Posted 2/14/2004 10:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It usually hapenes when you open more than one file isn't it.
The best way around it is to set them the way you want them, save the preference, and then uncheck the "save preferences when exiting finale" from the Options -> Program Options -> Save

©1999 - 2004 E tot ce va spun!

Finale 2004a, WinXP

wimkamp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit wimkamp's website.Send a Private Message to wimkampAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/14/2004 11:04 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK!
Thanks a lot
Wim smilewinkgrin

wimkamp
Registered Member

Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/17/2004 2:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
sad Sorry to say, it happened again: and quitting without "save preferences on exit" checked does not stop Finale messing up the toolbars from time to time, have a look at the attachement.

So, IS there any solution to this problem or not?

Wim

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Again!.jpg
  97KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 211 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 2/17/2004 3:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The only solution I have found is to manually move them back. I think I see this more on my XP computer, but I don't recall this happening on my Windows 2000 machine.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004a, Win 2000 or XP

wimkamp
Registered Member

Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/17/2004 3:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have sent it to winsupport@makemusic.com
I'll keep you posted :-)
Wim

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cliffdzihnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 486

Posted 2/17/2004 4:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This happens to me whenever I resize my window and then remaximize it. I just don't do it anymore.

wimkamp
Registered Member

Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/17/2004 4:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmm... I always use Finale full screen, so on my PC it's something else that causes this...anyway, you should be able to do that.

Wim

Alan Hunt
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Alan HuntAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2000
Total Posts : 25

Posted 2/17/2004 8:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have had this happen in earlier versions of Finale (2002, 2003) on a Windows 98 machine and about a week ago it happened in Finale 2004 on a Windows XP machine. I remember a year or two ago seeing a series of posts about this same problem, and if I remember correctly, the blame was on Windows, not Finale. Does anyone else recall this?

Mircea
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 2/18/2004 6:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well it happenes to me too, not so often after 2004a. It actually didn't happen in a very long time since I keep the window maximized.
It still hapenes when I open multiple scores at once. Like I said, if you don't save the preferences, instead of manually readjusting you can exit nd re-enter. That's what I meant before but wasn't clear enough. It's just a litle quicker than manual readjusting, but still only a work-wround this bug, not a fix.

Finale 2004a, WinXP

wimkamp
Registered Member

Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/18/2004 8:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for explaining more in detail, I''ll try next time. The advantage is obvious: the interface won't be different, so i will find the icons "were  I left them".
Wim
church musician in Norway

wimkamp
Registered Member

Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/26/2004 1:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry to say: today  it happened again: the interface messed up, preferences are NOT saved at closure, but still, after opening Finale again it's still all messed up...Seems I just have to live with it...
Wim mad

HOMR
Handsome gent

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HOMRAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2001
Total Posts : 227

Posted 2/27/2004 3:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Like someone else already mentioned, it seems to happen to me when my screen gets resized while Finale is open. For example, I have a screensaver that will resize the screen to 800x600 when it kicks in, then switch it back when it shuts off. If I disable that screensaver, the problem no longer happens to me. Could that be it? Or maybe there is some other program you are using while Finale is open that does it.

Mircea
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 2/28/2004 5:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well it seems I didn't have any more toolbar shifting since I keep my Finale window open but not maximized. I thought it was maximized but actually I had draged it to cover the full screen and not maximized from the window button. I only had on shift of the tool bar in the last 5 months. Windows remembers that you want the Finale window to be opened full screen but not maximized so after a few times you don't have to manyally drag anything and the window will be full screen when you open Finale. Try that and see what happenes.

Finale 2004a, WinXP

wimkamp
Registered Member

Date Joined May 1999

Posted 2/28/2004 6:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK. Will give this one a try - I'll be back - or... hope not to be back :-)
Wim