Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > cube playback problems  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

arthursurg
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to arthursurgAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2002
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/26/2002 1:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,
I am trying to playback finale files via the
"internal speaker playback" option in the
options menu (I don't have a midi
keyboard). I have the apple midi manager
, apple midi driver, and patch bay
installed. The sound which results is very
poor and sounds like it has a digital echo
at a rate of about 200 per minute. I am
using a G4 cube, os 9.2; the "quicktime
music synthesizer" is checked in the
quicktime control panel. I'd appreciate
any guidance anyone might have.
Thanks.

Jim Coull
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jim CoullAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 2723

Posted 5/26/2002 4:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is just a guess, but QuickTime 5 - which I assume you have installed - has been the source of a number of playback problems. The solution has been to revert to QuickTime 4.1.2.

Good luck.

Jim Coull

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 5/26/2002 8:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
...or, in case you need QT 5 for other purposes, try this workaround:

Open your Finale document.

File menu > Save As...

The Save As dialog box has a pop up menu with file formats.
Pick the Standard MIDI File format, and save.

Drag the MIDI file onto QuickTime Player, and you can get the playback.

Peter

Matthew Hindson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Matthew HindsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 406

Posted 5/26/2002 9:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In addition, I'd get rid of the Patch Bay, Apple MIDI Manager and Apple MIDI Driver. They're disasters dating from long ago.

Use OMS or FreeMIDI if you need to use another external MIDI driver system.