Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Using Countoff  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Newmusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to NewmusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2011
Total Posts : 30

Posted 8/3/2011 5:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
With the new update, the countoff is on by default. I have deactivated all the visual countoff as I do not want countoffs - especially if the piece has an introduction.

How can I turn off the countoff so that OFF is the default for all pieces which I activate when needed?

(I hope there is not some switch that I missed).

James Lund
SmartMusic Technical Product Manager

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to James LundAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 128

Posted 8/3/2011 8:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Newmusic,

In Settings, Advanced Settings you'll find the "Get Ready" switch and whether or not to show the visual countoff. After that, the other countoff settings are up in the Click button's dropdown menu (the little triangle).

Thanks,

James Lund

MakeMusic, Inc.

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact us directly at www.smartmusic.com/support.

Newmusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to NewmusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2011
Total Posts : 30

Posted 8/4/2011 6:19 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, thanks, I have sen all those, but I want to turn it off by default for every piece without having to do it manually every time. Can this be done?

James Lund
SmartMusic Technical Product Manager

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to James LundAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 128

Posted 8/4/2011 9:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Newmusic,

When you disable the countoff option for a particular piece, it'll stick while you're working on it and doing new takes, but I'm afraid it's not sticky from piece to piece. I'll put that to our development team for a feature request however!

Thanks,

James Lund

MakeMusic, Inc.

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact us directly at www.smartmusic.com/support.

jamaroney
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jamaroneyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 2/6/2016 2:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
While the setting for countoff can now be defaulted to "No Countoff", it gets re-activated when shutting off "Follow Me." The user should be allowed to change the default setting for this as well.

Furthermore, "Follow Me" should automatically be off if SM knows that a mic isn't attached. Without a mic, SM can't follow you anyway (but it will annoyingly wait for you to press any key to resume ), so why does it stay on?

Another note: I really miss the old SM interface (pre-2010). In many (but admittedly, not all) ways it was much more user friendly. For the sake of sleekness, the newer looks hide a lot of handy features, and finding them is not intuitive even for my college students who are tech-savvy. Those who were studying with me during that time of transition repeatedly stated that they liked the older interface much better in terms of usefulness. It's a shame that paid subscribers are not allowed freedom of choice. Even the mega-giant Microsoft allows compatibility with much earlier versions of Office!

Post Edited (jamaroney) : 2/6/2016 1:54:24 PM (GMT-6)