Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > no VST playback  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

krash
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to krashAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 278

Posted 12/27/2016 8:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think I've asked about this before, but can't find the thread. I am reworking a piece from an older version of Finale (2010), using 2012. It plays back fine with MIDI, but when I try to switch to VST I get nothing. The cursor moves, but no sound. Any ideas?

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 12/27/2016 8:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have you reloaded the instruments? Check and see what the ScoreManager lists as you instruments. Also check out the Aria player to see what it has loaded.

Finale 25.2

GPO5, JaBB3, GIO, COMB2, GWI, GIFF, Steinway Basic.

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

krash
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to krashAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/27/2016 8:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Score manager lists the instruments correctly. I don't know how to reload the instruments or check the Aria player.... Can you instruct me on that?

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/27/2016 8:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Any of us would be glad to examine the file and let you know our findings.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/27/2016 8:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Attaching it - and thanks!

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

File Attachment :
Thy Word - 2Major Adaptation.mus   58KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 493 time(s).

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 12/27/2016 10:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I switch playback to VST, I saw that you had piano assigned to both instruments in the ScoreManager. I switched the first one to chorus "ahhs" and it played back just fine.

To check the Aria player, click Midi/Audio and select "VST banks and Effects." That takes you to the screen where you can select which instance of the Aria player you want to examine. In your case, you had #2 selected. Just click on the little pencil icon to open everything so you can change instrument assignments and settings, as well as change convolution and ambience. This is essential is you want decent playback.

Finale 25.2

GPO5, JaBB3, GIO, COMB2, GWI, GIFF, Steinway Basic.

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/27/2016 10:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
With 2012, make sure you name the staves appropriately and click Reassign Playback Sounds, and you won't have to go into the Aria Player at all.

Zuill

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/27/2016 10:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you so much. I will get on it! One really crazy thing, though, is that things did change once I exited the program and returned. Had done that before with no effect whatsoever, but this time several things changed. Instruments, as you indicated, plus, a screen popped up asking me about ARIA. I have never seen that screen before. Probably opened Finale and this file a half-dozen times in the last couple of days. Go figure. At least now I know how to deal with this. Thanks again!

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/27/2016 11:05 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Finale crashed a few times before I was able to save a revised version. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your forum name.

Zuill

File Attachment :
Thy Word - 2Major Adaptation Revised.mus   59KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 472 time(s).

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/27/2016 11:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oy. Wish I could capture a screen shot of the Score Manager. It LOOKS right, I think, but as of now I get no audio at all, neither MIDI or VST. Zuill, I don't see anything labeled Reassign Playback Sounds. Where is that? And are you talking about naming the staves in the Score Manager? In there, the first staff is named [Staff 1], and there is no name for the other. I can't seem to rename either.The device is now SmartMusic SotftSynth 1 for both, the sound is 54 Voice Oohs for one, and 1 Grand Piano for the other.

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/27/2016 11:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hahaha! Just paid attention to what you said, Zuill. Pretty funny!

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/27/2016 11:24 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Going to have to close out tonight. Hoping that magic happens when I open up again tomorrow! Thanks for your input so far, and for any in the future. If all else fails I suppose I can copy and paste into ane document. :/

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/27/2016 11:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I posted my revision of your file. Did you download it?

Zuill

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/28/2016 12:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just now downloaded it. Got a message that my ARIA isn't up to date. Wonder if that's the problem. Having trouble updating it - my product registration has disappeared. Will have to find the original disc. The file does play in MIDI again, so at least that is fixed. I'll get back to you when I have this other straightened out.

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a

Derrek
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DerrekAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2347

Posted 12/28/2016 11:03 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can upload a new Aria player at
/store.makemusic.com/Downloads/Default.aspx

Depending on your current version, you may be able to update the player (and engine) from the Setting tab of the current player.

Finale 2014.5, Finale 25.1 - Windows 7 (64-bit)
GPO 5, JABB 3, World Instruments
TG Tools Full, (Sonar Platinum, Dorico)

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx

krash
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004

Posted 12/28/2016 6:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Downloaded the player (actually updated my update....), and it seems to be working now. Thanks for all of your help!

Finale 2006c, Windows XP
Finale 2010b, Windows 7
F2012c, F2014a