Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Sierra Time Signature Problem  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

John Moody
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John MoodyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 249

Posted 10/8/2016 2:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm noticing that I can't click the space to the right or the left of the Time Signature slider in order to add or subtract beats incrementally with Sierra. Is this a known bug? Has it been reported yet? I reported the toolbar problem and realized that this has already been brought to the attention of the MakeMusic people. . .

John

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 10/8/2016 2:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What did you upgrade from? I don't think it's any different from previous OS versions since Lion, is it?

You should be able to click either side of the "block" within the control itself.

Finale v.25, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

John Moody
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John MoodyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 10/8/2016 3:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's not working for me. It has worked before - but after the upgrade to Sierra, it is not working. . . Are any other Sierra upgraders noticing this?

John

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 10/8/2016 3:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can confirm this and have reported it to MM.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Robert Patterson plugins, waiting for Tobias' and Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.11.6
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

John Moody
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 10/8/2016 4:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Should I report it too?

BTW, is there any word on updates for the plugins? opening up Finale 2014.5 is kind of tedious (but it works).

John

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999

Posted 10/9/2016 2:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I certainly would. The more voices the merrier. BTW, this same problem also affects the Key Signature Tool: you can drag the slider but clicking to either side of it does nothing. As far as the plugins are concerned, Both Patterson's and Tobias' plugins have been updated but I'm afraid that Jari seems to have disappeared from the radar.

Vaughan

Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12

Amsterdam

Mark Adler
MakeMusic, Inc.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Mark AdlerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2013
Total Posts : 364

Posted 10/10/2016 2:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi John,

Yes, we know about the issue with these dialog boxes in Sierra. I'm happy to report that they have been addressed and will be available in the upcoming Finale v25.1 update.

Mark F. Adler
Notation Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 10/10/2016 5:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mark,
Are you able to tell us what else is in the update? And maybe, when?

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Mark Adler
MakeMusic, Inc.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Mark AdlerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2013
Total Posts : 364

Posted 10/11/2016 3:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for asking. While I can’t share the exact date, I can say that Finale v25.1 will be coming fairly soon. I’m happy to share some of what we have been up to lately, but do want to save some details for the release, so this is by no means a complete list.

As stated earlier in this thread, we have updated the time signature and key signature selection dialog boxes to work in Sierra.
When printing to PDF, you will no longer be prompted with “UNTITLED” instead of the document name.
The use of high-dpi monitors on Windows is improved.
Continued improvement to ReWire features and implementation.
Default Document preference is now correctly saved.
Dragging objects with Special Tools no longer results in objects displaying in two locations.
The use of Caps Lock to enter notes in Speedy Entry now works consistently
Localized decimal character is correctly recognized in FInales dialog boxes and the augmentation dot on non-US keyboards number pads works correctly in Speedy Entry.

Again, this is only a partial list, there are many other features and fixes coming in Finale v25.1.

Mark F. Adler
Notation Product Manager
MakeMusic, Inc.

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Michael Mortilla's website.Send a Private Message to Michael MortillaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 2378

Posted 10/18/2016 1:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And what about an update for F2014.5 users? Or is that now a dead end?

Os X 10.11.5
Mac Pro (2013) 32GB RAM;
MOTU Track 16

Finale 2014.5; Digital Performer 9.1

MIDI Life Crisis

Vaughan
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 1999

Posted 10/18/2016 4:09 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
MM never updates older versions of the program once a newer version has been released and that standpoint is understandable. They have limited resources and it's all they can do to accommodate newer operating systems, replace legacy code and implement new features.

Vaughan

Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12

Amsterdam

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Michael Mortilla's website.Send a Private Message to Michael MortillaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 10/18/2016 7:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well this is gonna suck worse than I expected.

Os X 10.11.5
Mac Pro (2013) 32GB RAM;
MOTU Track 16

MIDI Life Crisis

Vaughan
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 1999

Posted 10/18/2016 8:16 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Besides the Time/Key Signature bug, the palette bug (both of which will be fixed in 25.1) and absence of JW plugins (which are on their way), what does 2014.5 offer than 25 doesn't? For me, at least, it's quite stable and fast, and I like the new features.

Vaughan

MacOS 10.12

Amsterdam

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 10/18/2016 8:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It doesn't offer a functional movie window (or any movie function that works) or TIFF import.

Os X 10.11.5
Mac Pro (2013) 32GB RAM;
MOTU Track 16

MIDI Life Crisis

Vaughan
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 1999

Posted 10/18/2016 9:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What's the story with Rewire? Is it of any use? I've read some positive reports about it from some users but, since I have no use for it, I have no idea if it could help you. In any case, I get the impression that MM has presented it as an alternative to the movie window, or am I talking nonsense?

Vaughan

MacOS 10.12

Amsterdam

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 10/18/2016 10:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You're not talk nonsense. MM is programming nonsense. It simply does not work. Audio isn't sent to the DAW and the connections that do happen are easily lost. Rewire works. I use it in other apps and the DAW. It doesn't work with F25 and Digital Performer.

Os X 10.11.5
Mac Pro (2013) 32GB RAM;
MOTU Track 16

MIDI Life Crisis