Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > text font  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

rbsalyer
Registered Member

Click to send rbsalyer email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rbsalyerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 41

Posted 10/25/2016 11:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm tryig to change the default text in finale 2014.5

I want it to be font "Georgia" and size 9 pt for all text forever….

I can change individual text boxes, but have to change them one at a time…

I'll never use th e current default type…anyone know how to change it

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 10/25/2016 11:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can change the font in Document Options, but as the title suggests, that's document specific. To make it permanent you'll need to change it in your default file or your most used templates.

Bill

Finale 2014.5 (all versions since 1.0)
Finally made the move from my trusty 2011c
Staff Paper and #1 Blackwing Pencil with eraser
OS 10.9.4 on one, 10.10.5 on another

rbsalyer
Registered Member

Click to send rbsalyer email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rbsalyerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2010

Posted 10/25/2016 12:59 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thanks for the reply…found the text font under document options…looked as if that was the solution…I made the changed under the text option….applied it…hit ok….no change…

tried a different text box in the score…still the same…stuck on the default font and size…went back into document options…looked at text font…says it's Georgia 9 pt….

what am I doing wrong?

rb

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 10/25/2016 1:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just to be sure, in Document Options you went to Fonts > Text > Text Block and noted that it only changes newly created text blocks, not text in existing blocks, right?

Bill

rbsalyer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010

Posted 10/25/2016 1:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had just found the text block….getting ready to try that now...

rbsalyer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010

Posted 10/25/2016 1:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
that did it….thanks….

any chance you could tell me how to do the same thing for chord symbols?

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 10/25/2016 1:24 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That's more complicated because you have to set the font for three different things, symbol, alteration, and suffix, and again, it doesn't affect chords already there.

I've never had much luck editing the fonts for chords, but then again my work doesn't call for using chords very much, so maybe someone else will give you an answer.

Users have been begging MM for years to simplify the creation and editing of chords.

Bill

rbsalyer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010

Posted 10/25/2016 2:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thanks…I'm one of them begging….

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 10/25/2016 4:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why don't you use the font replace function in Font Utilities (Document/Data Check)? You can change all instances of one font in one go into any other font. If you need to be more specific, use the Text Search and Replace function in the Edit menu. There you can replace instances of a font in different notational elements.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 25, Sibelius 4 - 7
Patterson's plugins, Tobias' plugins, full version, waiting for Jari's plugin update
MacOS 10.12
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8 GB

Amsterdam

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 10/25/2016 4:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Or indeed the Change Fonts plug-in. Or the Change Suffix font menu item in the Chord Tool.

Finale v.25, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

rbsalyer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010

Posted 10/25/2016 4:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thanks to everyone…all this helped immensely….appreciate the time…