Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > inputting articulations  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

zac100
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to zac100AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2002
Total Posts : 184

Posted 3/29/2002 5:32 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Using speedy note entry, is it possible to
input an articulation AT THE SAME TIME
as inputting a note?

For example, I know that I want to have
four accented quarter notes in one
measure, so can I just enter them in with
the accents already there, so I don't have
to do two steps (entering the notes, and
then going back and selecting them all
for an articulation)?

If not, how do I make this suggestion to
Coda for future versions? When I used
Sibelius, this was really easy to do, and
saved a ton of time...

Thanks!
Zac

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 3/29/2002 6:33 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zach:

AFAIK, you can't do this in Finale. But there are three quick shortcuts (which you probably know):

1) In the Articulation Tool, if you assign the accent to a Metatool (say 1), you can hold the 1 key down, click and drag, and Finale will put the accent on all notes in the dragged section. (Be careful when using more than one layer, though...)

2) Without assigning a Metatool, you can click and drag the area and select the articulation you want from the DB that pops up.

3) Put in only one accent, put in the expression sim. (But that's not really a shortcut, as it involves two tools.)

Cheers.

Gary

annacrusis
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to annacrusisAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2001
Total Posts : 412

Posted 3/29/2002 6:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And one more shortcut to add to Gary's list:

4) In the Articulation Selection window, you will notice that some of the symbols (the most commonly used ones) have a letter or number in parentheses in the upper right hand corner, for example, (A) for accent, (S) for staccato, and so forth. These are kind of like built-in metatools. To put an accent on a note, all you have to do is select the Articulation Tool, hold down the 'a' key, and click on or above a note.

Anna