Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > copy-and-paste  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

zac100
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to zac100AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2002
Total Posts : 184

Posted 3/29/2002 5:37 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been doing some cutting and paste of
large sections of scores.

What I'd like to be able to do (and can't
figure out how) is to copy and paste
meter changes. If I have a multi-meter
section in a piece, and I want that section
to occur again exactly as it was before,
right now, I have to go through each target
measure and set the meter that it is
going to be in, when I paste the new
measures into them.

Is there a way to just copy a multi-meter
section, and have the meters (in the
target measures) be changed
automatically to go along with what they
are in the other section?

Right now, it just keeps one common
meter throughout the target section, and
screws up where all the barlines are.

Thanks for any help!
Zac

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 3/29/2002 6:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zach:

Sounds like in your Mass Mover menu, Copy Everything is unchecked...

Cheers.

Gary

Jesper Hendze
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jesper HendzeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 364

Posted 3/29/2002 9:23 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry Gary,

But you can't copy and paste time signatures; you have to use the drag/ctrl-shift method:

Select the source measures and drag the selection to the first measure of the target measures, OR select… and ctrl-shift click on the first target measure.

I know you knew!

Jesper

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 3/30/2002 3:46 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jesper:

Actually, I didn't know... When I read Zach's question, I quickly set up a new document, stuck a bunch of meter changes in the first 5 measures or so, and used Mass Mover to drag them to a destination measure on the same page. Since it worked, I assumed that what I said was true, and that this was what Zach was trying to do. (Actually, I've never had much success with copy and paste in Finale, which is why I've always used the drag or drag/ctrl-shift-click method anyway...)

Amazingly, in all of the Finale work I've done, this particular scenario has never come up. And that's exactly why I log onto this Forum so often.

Cheers.

Gary

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 3/30/2002 4:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Me too.

The only time I use copy/paste is when going between files --- never when copying within the same file.

Dick