Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Mac with Parallel Desktop for Windows Transfers  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Susan Songer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Susan SongerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/21/2016 6:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am having a lo of trouble with this. After being assured by Finale that my music files would transfer from Windows to Mac no problem, I installed Finale for Mac on the Mac side. My Finale files were created on a PC and are on the Windows side. I can drag the folder with all my Finale files from the Windows side to Mac side, but when I do that, only the files that are not in my many separate subfolders come through. Am I going to have to open each folder full of music, create a new folder for that music on the Mac side, and transfer folder by folder? Or is there a way I can get these files transferred to Mac in one operation? (this is probably my first of many, many questions) Thanks for any help or advice. Sue S

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/21/2016 6:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's really a Parallels question, not a Finale one. You may need to work on it from that side.

When I was using Parallels, I don't remember having any problems moving the data, but that was quite a few years ago. You might consider copying the files to a thumb drive, or transferring them via Dropbox, or something similar.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

OCTO.
The radical answers.

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to OCTO.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 2659

Posted 12/23/2016 3:21 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use Boot Camp to boot into Windows 7.
You can use one USB flash druve formatted as FAT for your all files, so every time you boot in OS X or Win you will have them. Or a cloud service.

Finale 2014.5 • OS X: Yosemite, MPB 15', 16GB RAM