Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Brand new fonts for music engravers!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

tdurie
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tdurieAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 9

Posted 9/7/2012 1:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great new fonts for Music Engravers.

Announcing Brand new editions of the:

Flute Fingering Font
Oboe Fingering Font
Clarinet Fingering Font
Bassoon Fingering Font
Harp Pedalling Font
Piano Fingering Fonts Suite
Recorder Fingering Font

All available at

http://www.funfingeringfonts.com

tdurie
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tdurieAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 9

Posted 9/7/2012 6:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 9/7/2012 7:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And bumping like that will surely get you banned.

Play nice, and you're welcome. Otherwise, go away.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster and bass for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012 on Mac 10.7
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

SF
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SFAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 1555

Posted 9/9/2012 8:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK. So you want to bump this let's talk about it and I hope you don't mind constructive criticism. Look at the attached pix 1 from you website. I think this type of thing is helpful but as a professional music engraver I'm not going to pay 9.99+ for inconsistencies. Look at your middle example in the screen shot attached. Why is the there one circle that is tapered? This also goes on with pix 2. I've been doing these for many years in Illustrator for the publishing industry and to see the crashes and varying line thicknesses is just not acceptable. Especially at $40 for the last pack! Clean it up and the engraving community will rally round. I would love to have a great font pack for this type of stuff. I think you are on the right path but you just need to bring up the quality. BTW: I cannot see any of the examples that have the word "sample" in red across the image.

SF

MPB 17" 3Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB, 10.6.8 and 10.7.4
Power Mac 2.8 Ghz Qual-Core Intel Xeon, 16GB, 10.6.7 and 10.7.4, (2) 27" Apple Displays, 23" Cinema, 20" Formac "Gallery," Acer 21"...real estate.
Finale 2.6.3-->2012a, Sib. 3.0-->7.0.3, Logic 9.1.3, QuicKeys 4.0.7, DoubleCommand DoubleCommand, Mouse Locator Mouse Locator

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
1.png
  70KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 1032 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2.png
  111KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 3716 time(s).