Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Problem getting Dorico  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/14/2016 12:45 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm trying to get the demo of Dorico, as many of you have. It takes my email address, and I click the relevant boxes, but then I get an error screen, telling me to contact support. However, the email support requires that an account be set up. I understand that, but I can't find anyplace to set one up.

Any guidance?

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 12/14/2016 1:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Be aware that the install is 9GB, including all of the sounds. No custom install without sounds is possible, from what I can tell.

Once installed, that truly is "when the fun begins".

N.

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work

Finale 2014.5, not used by my clients

(Finale v25 - not interested yet)

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

"At last, fortissimo!"
–Gustav Mahler, on visiting Niagara Falls

NickG
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to NickGAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2008
Total Posts : 362

Posted 12/14/2016 7:41 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Once you enter the emai, it takes you to a new window that looks the same. Look down, it asked for password. If you don't have a password, you have to register. Once you do that, you get an email back.

NickG

MacBook Pro Retina Display, 16 gig ram, 1TB SSD.
MacOS Sierra
Finale 2008, 2010, 2011b, 2012a, 2012c, 2014d, 25.1
Sibelius 1, 2, 3, 7.5
Logic Pro X
Cubase 7.5
GPO 4
Steinber UR44
Korg M1
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

Mike Halloran
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Mike HalloranAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 105

Posted 12/14/2016 8:49 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Many have had problems downloading the Mac installer.

Steinberg emails you a temporary serial number, ok... but the link they send you is to download a piece of crapware called the Steinberg Download Assistant.

As you can see in this thread, that doesn't work for many Mac users. That the Steinberg people who responded didn't understand it's a Mac issue and gave a direct link to the Windows download certainly doesn't help.
/www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=104664&e=0

There are other threads about the Windows version not working either.

Anyway, when I had the exact same problem and Console logs as are mentioned in this thread, I emailed support. They responded with a direct link to download the correct version for Mac.

It took me about 15 minutes to install and begin a score—would have taken longer but I had downloaded and installed the e-licenser already while trying to make the Steinberg Download Assistant behave .

/www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html

Mike Halloran

Finale 25.1 & 2014.5, SmartScore X Pro II, Encore 5.0.7
2010 iMac 2.93G i7 Quad w/ OWC eSATA mod, 20G RAM, OS 10.12.1, 2T SSD
DP 9.1, 8.07, 7.24, Logic Pro X 10.2.4, DSP-Quattro, PSP, IK, NI, Eventide, Izotope & Antares plugins
G4 running OS 10.4.11 & 9.2 with legacy apps