Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Add Text to a measure  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Thomas W
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Thomas WAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 13

Posted 1/24/2013 6:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm looking for a method to add a text item to a certain measure in an automated fashion.

The reason is that we are going to use automated analysis processes that should generate some kind of a task list that we need to work though manually. It would help a lot if we could not only generate such a list but also add markers at the places that we need to work on and that we will delete when the work is done. This wouldn't be too much of a problem with MusicXML, but this is not an option as roundtripping from Finale to MusicXML and back introduces too many changes.

I could also generate Finalescript files that add the markers, but I have no clue how I could add a text item (we could also misuse lyrics) to the score using Finalescript. Can anyone suggest a workflow for this? (Essentially, answering the question "How do I add a text item to a measure without using the mouse" would lead me to the solution as well.)

Thanks for any ideas how to solve this!

Post Edited (Thomas W) : 1/26/2013 9:54:40 AM (GMT-6)

gogreen
Registered Member

Click to send gogreen email.Click to visit gogreen's website.Send a Private Message to gogreenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 1618

Posted 1/24/2013 9:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This may help. It's actually the previous thread.

Arthur J. Michaels

www.arthurjmichaels.com

Finale 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011b.r2 (currently using 2011b.r2)
Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP 1
Sonar X2 Essential
Garritan COMB2, GPO4, Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, Aria Player 1.504, Audacity 2.0.3
Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
M-Audio Keystation 88es, Casio WK-3000
Logitech Z-2300 speaker system
Brother HL-5150D printer
AKG K-240 Studio headphones

Thomas W
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Thomas WAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/24/2013 11:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, gogreen. I don't think I can use automated clicking to actually hit the correct measure, can I? If there was a command to move to a certain measure, then I might be able to use a large enough zoom level so that any click would go to the right measure. But I'm not aware of such a command. Is there one?

gogreen
Registered Member

Click to send gogreen email.Click to visit gogreen's website.Send a Private Message to gogreenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 1618

Posted 1/24/2013 6:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thomas W said...
I don't think I can use automated clicking to actually hit the correct measure, can I?

There might be, but I don't know. Have you checked the Finalescript commands thoroughly? You might find something there on how to select a certain measure. In the user manual, enter "Finalescript" in the search window. The commands will be the first item that appears in the selections.

Arthur J. Michaels

www.arthurjmichaels.com

Finale 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011b.r2 (currently using 2011b.r2)
Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP 1
Sonar X2 Essential
Garritan COMB2, GPO4, Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, Aria Player 1.504, Audacity 2.0.3
Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
M-Audio Keystation 88es, Casio WK-3000
Logitech Z-2300 speaker system
Brother HL-5150D printer
AKG K-240 Studio headphones

Thomas W
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/25/2013 2:04 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Good idea to re-visit the Finalescript docs. I can actually select a measure with
select meas 123

but at large zoom levels, it won't necessarily move into the viewport, and at smaller zoom levels, it won't appear at a consistent position. I guess only a plugin would be able to add text to a selected measure.

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 1/26/2013 9:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Even so, if a FS can add the text to a batch of files in the correct bar, and all you have to do is fine tune the position, then a lot of work is saved.

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 2.66GHz Intel Quad, 4GB RAM /OSX.7.5 /30 inch cinema display+20 inch Cinema Display
Finale 2008 2009 2010 2012/Logic Pro Studio/Komplete/GPO/Kore 2/Max.msp/Pluggo