Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Script for "save as pdf" on mac  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

riky
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rikyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 35

Posted 9/26/2012 4:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can do on my macbook to make a final script to print to pdf? I tried with

menuitem "Print"
button "PDF"
dropdown "Save as PDF ..." near "name"
button "ok"

but it makes me a printout from the printer!
I need a pdf instead!

I thank you as always!
RIKy

thanks in advance!

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 9/26/2012 5:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't think Finalescript can work on the OS print dialog. I could be wrong.

What are you trying to achieve, exactly? I f you want to batch print to PDF, the best way is to use a PDF print queue, like "CUPS-PDF". This creates a virtual printer that saves the PDF to disk. You can select that printer and then send all print files to it.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2012, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.7.4
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

riky
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rikyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2012

Posted 9/26/2012 6:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
with my finale script's from this screen "print" to my samsung printer.
but I am interested in print in pdf! with the submenù
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Schermata 09-2456197 alle 13.02.59.png
  168KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 312 time(s).

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 9/26/2012 7:49 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As I say: I don't know if Finalescript can control the print menu in this way. Certainly, it can print to the default printer.

Are you trying to automate the making of PDFs? In which case, you need a virtual printer that saves PDFs to the disk. For this, you need software like "CUPS-PDF". This creates a printer, in your list (nel' elenco di stampante), which you can select, and then send all your files to be printed through this.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2012, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.7.4
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

riky
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2012

Posted 9/26/2012 11:23 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for your help! .. I solved the problem by installing a virtual printer and generating a pdf with the script directly to this printer by default.
procedure
download
https://bitbucket.org/codepoet/cups-pdf-for-mac-os-x/downloads

Installation (Snow Leopard)
Install the package.
open System Preferences and go to Printing.
Click on Add Printer (the + at the bottom).
"CUPS-PDF" should be in the list, select it.
Select "Postscript" from the "Print Using" menu and pick "Generic postscript color
printer "
Click Add

use
Print to the printer normally. The output will be in / Users / Shared / CUPS-PDF in a folder with your user account's name. Feel free to make an alias to this folder on your desktop or put it in the Dock.

script:no script! only print!

Post Edited (riky) : 9/26/2012 3:48:44 PM (GMT-5)