Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > No Topic  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jeffreycomas
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jeffreycomas's website.Send a Private Message to jeffreycomasAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 13

Posted 1/11/2003 9:12 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok, I have a PowerBook G4. Since the it does not have the separate number pad the enter & return key are combined, so the speedy command for adding a note (to a chord) through the numeric pad is not available. The return pad moves the edit window, like it should. I've tried holding various hot-keys (*, option, etc.) and combinations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jeff

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 1/11/2003 11:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Using Finale on a laptop has its problems. Please suggest improvements!

You can add a note to a chord by double-clicking. As Far As I Know there is no Finale laptop keystroke for the Enter key (adding a note to a chord).

Byt The Way:
Finale has a laptop keystroke for the clear key (removing a note from a chord/changing a note to a rest): Shift-Backspace

Peter

jeffreycomas
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jeffreycomas's website.Send a Private Message to jeffreycomasAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 13

Posted 1/13/2003 6:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks

casheley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to casheleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 1999
Total Posts : 10

Posted 1/15/2003 5:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a Powerbook G4 also. In speedy
note entry, if you place the cursor over the
note or (the line or space where you want
the note) you can use the "fn" (Function)
key found in the lower left corner of the
keyboard. By using the "fn" key and the "6"
key you can clear a note from the staff or a
chord and by using the "fn" key and the
return key you can add a note to the staff
or a chord. You can see the word "clear"
and "enter" written on their respective
keys. You can also use the "fn" key and
the top row of smaller keys for other
functions f1, f2, etc... I hope this helps.