Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > JW Validate  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2570

Posted 9/30/2012 3:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Jari,

I'm not sure what Iriomatic checks will actually checks but could there be a way JW Validate checks for paired expressions? For example, checking to make sure there is a "senza sord." expression somewhere on the staff following a "con sord." espression. I don't know if you'd have to great a library or have a user create a library with such pairings or perhaps having 2 fields that the user would fill for each search but it would be a great way to check for muting, pizzacato, bells up, sul tasto and other technique changes that usually require an indication of a return to normal.

Ken

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2012b, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram
Brass music, Woodwind Music, Concert Band Music, CDs, etc.

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 10/1/2012 12:32 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The idiomatic tests are not hooked up in the current beta. The PDF lists the currently available tests.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finale Productivity Tips site

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/1/2012 2:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Would consider adding the ability for the plugin to check for duplicate hairpins (or other smart shapes). It currently does this for slurs but I'm finding a need for such a checker  for a project I'm working on now where I'm doing alot of copy & pasting with the edit filter. I guess I'm being a bit sloppy.blush

Ken

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2014, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram

Post Edited (KennethKen) : 11/28/2013 7:56:32 AM (GMT-6)

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 4/24/2013 7:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HBegun said...
There's one other aspect of rest placement that Finale has never handled properly. Rests are always supposed to be placed on a staff line. If they fall outside the staff, they should be at a height corresponding to where a ledger line would go (though I think there can be exceptions in this case). When transposing or changing the key of a passage that includes non-floating rests, those rests are moved up or down by the equivalent interval. In many cases (such as transposing up or down a second), they end up sitting on a space and must be fixed manually.
Jari,
Could JW Validate scan for rests with an odd (+ or -) number displacement and warn the user?
Ken

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2012c, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram

KennethKen
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 11/6/2013 9:11 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari,

In Finale 2014 JW Validate is reporting that certain accidentals are hidden when, in fact, they are not.

In the "Issues" column text isn't showing when, I believe, a "System not locked" alert is given. Clicking "Details" opens a window that simply says, "alert:".

Also, can the "Issue" window show defined measure numbers instead of actual measure numbers?

Ken
What a great plugin!

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2014, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 11/12/2013 8:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari,

I've just started using this plugin and am very impressed with its possibilities. One suggestion for the future. As an engraver I get a lot of files from different composers. One of the most common mistakes I see, is when the composer inserts a hairpin in the score without paying attention to which staff it's attached to. If this plugin were able to scan a file and alert the user as to any hairpin which is placed above the staff it's attached to, it would be a real time saver for the engraver.

Great work.
Jeff

Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.5, 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM

pianoguy36609
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to pianoguy36609AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2014
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/9/2015 10:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Trying to figure out the trick to the "Grace note with downward stem" issue. What sayeth the guru?

Matthew Purvis
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Screen Shot 04-09-15 at 10.16 PM.PNG
  72KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 368 time(s).

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 4/10/2015 2:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
pianoguy36609 said...
Trying to figure out the trick to the "Grace note with downward stem" issue. What sayeth the guru?

Matthew Purvis

Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure I understand.

Do you need a layout like this?

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014d, Dolet 6.4 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.5, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DownstemGraceNote.gif
  2KB (image/gif)
This image has been viewed 309 time(s).

pianoguy36609
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to pianoguy36609AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 4/10/2015 3:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That didnt work... i tried it lol.

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 4/10/2015 4:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
pianoguy36609 said...
That didnt work... i tried it lol.

I am not sure I understand.
Do you man that you tried to flip the grace note’s stem downward - and that the stem did not flip?

What I did, was this:

Selection Tool.
Double-click the grace note.
Finale switches to the Simple Entry Tool, with the grace note highlighted in purple.

If the wrong note gets highlighted, just move the highlighting left/right with the arrow-keys.

Hit the letter L key to flip the stem.
If the stem does not flip, try the letter L key again.

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014d, Dolet 6.4 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.5, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

pianoguy36609
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 4/10/2015 7:17 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh i think im being vague. The JWValidate plugin is flagging this and all my grace notes as an error. I wanna know what im doing wrong, or if its just a bug... This is how it should be notated as far as i can tell.

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883

Posted 4/10/2015 10:49 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
pianoguy36609 said...
Oh i think im being vague. The JWValidate plugin is flagging this and all my grace notes as an error. I wanna know what im doing wrong, or if its just a bug... This is how it should be notated as far as i can tell.

That is strange.
Graces opposed in lower voices have downstems.

Jari has a contact link through his website.......www.finaletips.nu/probably get a more rapid responses there?
His "JW Validate" plugin has been in beta version for quite sometime now and bugs should be best reported there.

I can not say that I have ever had a misidentification of graces when using this plugin.

Have you tried a little experimentation with other documents that you have used graces?

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, Write Score Sound Sets, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.4
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014a
Progression, Progression 2, Notion 4, [Notion 5, (bought but not installed)]
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition 2014)
Systems (4) // Windows XP Pro, 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 4/10/2015 10:58:26 AM (GMT-5)

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 4/10/2015 7:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Perhaps it's the the non-grace-note F# with a downward stem that's causing it. Why is that stem down?

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012

Posted 4/10/2015 8:59 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
Perhaps it's the the non-grace-note F# with a downward stem that's causing it. Why is that stem down?

What would be nice is if he would be so kind as to run the plugin again and take a screenshot of the Plugins report window.

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, Write Score Sound Sets, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.4
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
Systems (4) // Windows XP Pro, 2@ Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 4/10/2015 9:30:23 PM (GMT-5)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Valaidate Issue.jpg
  531KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 406 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Validate Issue.jpg
  471KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 574 time(s).

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 4/10/2015 10:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The beginning of the measure is stems up, the F# stem down, so it was right to flag it.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 4/10/2015 11:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I still do not display the issue that pianoguy36609 said has manifested with his Finale Score.
Might be best if he attaches a musx. file that displays this issue for him?

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 4/10/2015 11:59:20 PM (GMT-5)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Further Test.png
  1.40Mb (image/png)
This image has been viewed 508 time(s).

File Attachment :
Run Validate Plugin.musx   84KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 637 time(s).

Motet
Isorhythmic

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 4/11/2015 12:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Different versions of the plug-in?

Windows 7, MIDI input

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Date Joined May 2012

Posted 4/11/2015 1:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
Different versions of the plug-in?

Could be. I'm running under windows with the most current version of Jari's Plugin. We have no idea of system or version the poster is.

Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 4/11/2015 8:53:12 PM (GMT-5)

File Attachment :
Run Validate Plugin link.pdf   36KB (application/pdf)
This file has been downloaded 366 time(s).

Jim Williams
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Jim Williams's website.Send a Private Message to Jim WilliamsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 728

Posted 7/17/2016 11:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
@Ken...
I'm having the same problems as you are with the plug-in.
It's still listed as Beta, so I guess it won't be fixed. ;-(
Even with those bugs, it's a HUGE HELP!!
Jim

WinFin 2012, 2014, Core-i7 laptop, 16 gB RAM, Win 10 pro
Core 2 duo laptop, Windows 7 Enterprise
Two iPad 3s w/Zagg Folio
MACK 1150 and Yamaha 321 Euphoniums
Yamaha 621 Baritone Horn, blue pBone.