Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > 2014.5 Ties behaving erroneous  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Me Myself
Only Me

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Me MyselfAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 165

Posted 11/19/2015 6:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just installed 2014.5 It works fine and (so far) no crashes! Finale 2014d crashed for me at least once a day. So if this issue is solved for me, I am happy with the update even if I cannot see any real differences...
BUT! Ties are behaving very strange! They have a strange shape (more and differently/individually curved) and are placed on notes in different layers than the one I want and selected. They are also displaced and hoover waaay above the notes. It seems ties have a will of their own!
FYI I opened a 2014d document I was working on in 2014.5 and continued there...
Anyone else that have problems with the ties in 2014.5. If so; any solution?

Finale 2012b, Finale 2014b (and getting used to it!) Windows 7 64-bit, i7 - 2,96 GHz 12GB ram.
Brother DCP-9270CDN

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 11/19/2015 9:23 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sounds like a FAN file issue.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 11/19/2015 9:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Could you please post a file, or a short excerpt of a file that shows this behavior?

N.

OSX 10.8.5
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work
Finale 2014.5

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

"Whenever you come to a fork in the road, take it!"
–Yogi Berra

Me Myself
Only Me

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Me MyselfAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 165

Posted 11/19/2015 11:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zuill, once again you solved a problem for me.
There are few things in Finale I usually cannot solve myself after using it daily from version 3.7 but, when in doubt or trouble, I turn to this forum and you solve it for me with only one, simple sentence! Thank you!
I recently bought and installed the November 2.0 font (highly recommended!) and with your answer in mind, I re-installed it and now all my ties display perfectly.
Thanks!

Finale 2012b, Finale 2014d, Finale 2014.5 Windows 7 64-bit, i7 - 2,96 GHz 12GB ram.
Brother DCP-9270CDN