Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > (No Subject)

Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Derryl S
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Derryl SAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2002
Total Posts : 196

Posted Yesterday 8:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Since doing the latest Fin 25 (25.2.0.79) update, none of my personal document style sheets work properly that did work before the update. There is no sound when notes are entered nor in playback.

When I open the personal style sheet directly and enter notes, the sound works, but if use the sheet using the Wizard it does not work.

If I use a Finale supplied style sheet it works as expected.

I also have opened and re-saved a personal sheet but still has no effect.

However, when I open a Finale style sheet directly then save as a personal sheet it will work.

I have quite a few personal style sheets and I don't really want to have to recreate each one. To change all the features, reset the fonts, custom articulations, and more is a big pain.

iMac (2013) 8 GB memory, OS X 10.12.2
1200x1200 dpi Laser Printer
Finale 25.2.0.79
(using Finale since 1993)

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted Yesterday 8:55 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do you mean a template file? If you attach one of them and describe exactly what you're doing, someone can probably help.

Have you tried looking at the audio settings after using the wizard?

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

BvdPress
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BvdPressAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 1006

Posted Yesterday 9:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If template, possibly trying exporting as n XML file and then import back. If it works, make that new file the template moving forward.

I have to do this a LOT to get playback. MakeMusic knows it is an issue because when I called they had an immediate solution :) A slight pain, but it works.

Bryan Doughty
BVD Press, Music Express, BrassWorks4, Timber Ridge Music,
Kiwi Press, Serendipity Press and Cimarron Music Press
bvdpress@gmail.com
http://www.cimarronmusic.com/

Derryl S
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Derryl SAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted Yesterday 9:53 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Playback works with the wizard only if I use a Finale provided document style sheet such as Engraved Style.musx never with mine unless I use the Engraved Style sheet and modify, then save as a custom sheet.

Exporting as XML and then importing that file again loses custom expressions, fonts, and other items.

Finale 25.2.0.79

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted Yesterday 9:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Again, have you tried looking at the audio settings after using the wizard? Compare the settings after using a Finale template with yours. Take a screen shot. This doesn't sound intractable.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Derryl S
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted Today 12:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I opened my custom file in the Wizard and discovered that if I chose "Reassign Playback Sounds" I can get the sounds.

Next I opened one of my custom file directly, chose the Reassign and saved my file. I opened the newly saved file in Wizard, and no sounds unless I again chose the Reassign.

I know how to get around the problem, but why must I chose Reassign every time I open a new file when I saved the custom file after choosing the Reassign?

Finale 25.2.0.79

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted Today 3:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Maybe trash your preference file? If a change you make fixes it, but doesn't stay within the document, that sounds like an app setting. Though curious that the bundled Styles work OK.

FWIW, I don't have this problem, so it should be fixable. Can you post a sample file here?

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Derryl S
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted Today 1:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Attached is one of the Style files that worked before the recent update.

If it is opened directly, it will make all the sounds of entry.

If opened using the Wizard, I get no sound, even though I resaved the Style file using the upgraded program.

All the specifics changes that are made in the Style file seem to be there and ok.

Choosing the "Reassign Playback sounds" will bring the sound back even to the old Style file. Nothing visually seems to happen, but after selecting that menu option, all sounds seems to work.

I do not understand why my personal style files that have worked for years now suddenly loose their sound BUT the Finale created files do work.

Finale 25.2.0.79

Derryl S
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted Today 1:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
oops, forgot to attach my file

Finale 25.2.0.79

File Attachment :
DS Style old.musx   82KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 273 time(s).

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted Today 2:21 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Style works for me if I select individual instruments from the second page of the Wizard. If I select a pre-existing ensemble, then I get no sound.
I also got a crash when I attempted to open the Audio Units dialog.

However, when I tried with my own Styles, I could use the ensembles with no problem.

You should definitely send this in to MM, so they can have a look at it. For the time being, I would try saving a Library of your settings, and then loading that into the Maestro default. You may need to recreate other aspects of the file.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Derryl S
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted Today 2:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wiggy,

I already have created a new file using the Finale created Engraver style and then saving with my changes as a new file nd it works just fine.

THe solution is now up to MM on what caused this problem after the update.

Finale 25.2.0.79

MikeHalloran
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MikeHalloranAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001
Total Posts : 217

Posted Today 3:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
25.2 made a number of changes to the way that playback is handled. The Read Me gets into this.

I am one of many who would like to see them put back. We'll see.

Finale 25.1, 2014.5, 2011c, SmartScore X Pro II, Encore 5.07, GPO 5
2010 iMac i7, 32G RAM, 2T SSD, Late 2013 MacBook Air, OS 10.12.1
MOTU Digital Performer 9.12, 9.02, Logic Pro X 10.2.4