Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Some Garritan instruments don't respond to volume control in ARIA player  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

goldrich
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to goldrichAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 1999
Total Posts : 35

Posted 11/12/2013 5:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have posted about this in the Garritan forum but have received no replies, so I'm trying here.

With the Finale 2014 upgrade, which includes ARIA Player v1.620 and ARIA Engine v1.626, I find that when I run ARIA in stand-alone mode, some of the Finale Default Bank instruments don't respond to the volume slider.

The following sixteen instruments have the problem -- they play at full volume even when the slider is set to zero:

Woodwinds / Flutes / Alto Flute Solo
Woodwinds / Flutes / Bass Flute Solo
Woodwinds / Oboes and Eng. Horn / Oboe D'Amore Solo
Woodwinds / Clarinets / Contrabass Clarinet Solo
Woodwinds / Clarinets / Eb Clarinet Solo
Brass / Trumpets / Piccolo Trumpet Solo
Percussion / Percussion Toys KS
Percussion / Tubular Bells KS
Pipe Organ / Baroque Plenum Pedal
Pipe Organ / Baroque Plenum Reeds
World / Banjo
World / Basic African Percussion
World / Celtic Harp
World / Fife
World / Steel Drums
World / Tablas

This is true on my desktop computer running Windows XP Media Edition, as well as on my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. And the same thing happens using the ARIA VST instrument within Cubase 5.

Any suggestions?

Thanks --

-- Fred Goldrich

goldrich
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to goldrichAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 1999

Posted 11/13/2013 2:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have heard back from Customer Support in the Garritan thread (http://garritan.custhelp.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/1087368).

Bottom line, it's an actual bug. "This problem has been identified as a software defect and has been assigned to our product development department. If possible, the defect will be scoped and corrected in an upcoming version of Finale ... I'm afraid at this time there is no work around with these patches within the Mixer of the ARIA Player."

Very disappointing.

Fred Goldrich
Finale 2011

EpeeDad
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to EpeeDadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 143

Posted 11/13/2013 6:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I suspect that there are errors in the respective sfz files. These are relatively easy to edit. I'll take a look sometime in the next few days. Maybe I can fix them.

Regards,
Chris

Finale 2012
GPO4
Sonar X2
Win7 - 64 bit
Intel dual core 2.7 ghz
4G ram
M-Audio 2496
M-Audio Axiom 61
Akai EWI USB

goldrich
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 1999

Posted 11/13/2013 8:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Chris --

That's great, thanks. I know nothing about sfz files, looking forward to learning more!

-- Fred

Fred Goldrich
Finale 2014

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 11/13/2013 9:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
At least you still have the Mod wheel to adjust the volume.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014 now.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"