Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 25 doesn't play first note  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

dstraigh
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dstraighAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2015
Total Posts : 26

Posted 12/1/2016 1:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale 25 isn't playing the first note of Layer 1. Once the player has gone past this note it plays normally. Briefly I had this working (the G# from layer 1 and E from layer 2 played). I fixed it by randomly deleting and re-adding notes until they played as written. Unfortunately, as I continued adding notes to other measures Finale 25 reverted to not playing the first note of layer 1. The attached screen shot shows the note, G#, that isn't playing.

I don't know if this is a glitch with only Finale 25 or if the glitch also exists with my previous version of Finale 2014.5

I still have Finale 2014.5 installed and I'll re-do this piece in the previous version to see if this issue is there or not.

David

Finale 2014.5 running on a MacBook Pro 2015

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
finale_25_not_playing_first_note.png
  380KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 178 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/1/2016 1:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It might be helpful if we had a file to examine. A picture doesn't tell all.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.1

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

dstraigh
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dstraighAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2015

Posted 12/1/2016 2:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale 2014.5 does not have this problem - so I'll continue with the more stable version for now.

Attached is the Finale 25 file with the issue.

David

File Attachment :
last_rodeo.musx   87KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 312 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/1/2016 3:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I tested the file in Finale 25 and everything plays from the beginning on. No problem. Might be an issue specific to Mac.

Zuill

raphael
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to raphaelAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 98

Posted 12/1/2016 3:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
All notes play back on my Mac.

raphael

Finale 25, iMac Retina 4K, 256GB SSD, macOS Sierra
Aspirins

dstraigh
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2015

Posted 12/1/2016 3:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Interesting. Finale 25 doesn't work here - but Finale 2014.5 has no issue. I'll post a YouTube video demonstrating the problem.

dstraigh
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2015

Posted 12/1/2016 6:48 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I made a video showing my experience with Finale 25. The issue seems more like a synchronization problem. In Finale 25 if you hit play and then stop several times you'll hear timing variation at the beginning - at the first measure. Sometimes out of sync, sometimes it sounds like the first note is missing and at other times things sound in sync. I'm simply not having this issue with Finale 2014.5

Perhaps a workaround for version 25 is to place a rest at the beginning - in measure one. That's a little awkward for printing, since I wouldn't want a rest on measure one - but the rest is easily deleted.

Here is the link to the YouTube video demonstrating the issue I'm experiencing.

/youtu.be/lGb3qenNul0

Post Edited (dstraigh) : 12/1/2016 5:51:02 PM (GMT-6)

jim dukey
Registered Member

Click to send jim dukey email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jim dukeyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 1082

Posted 12/1/2016 8:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do you use Human Playback?

Molecular Computer, Powered by Fusion in a Jar. Finale 3000, Wireless ESP Module, No Physical Interface, Printed Parts Manifest by The Universe,
SOOOO Boring! Now Everybody is Friggin' Mozart.

dstraigh
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2015

Posted 12/1/2016 8:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have Human Playback off by default (a template that I always use).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/2/2016 1:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It seems to be specific to your system. You might explore the audio and MIDI settings to see if they are the same between 2014.5 and v25. Maybe a different sample rate or buffer amount, or something like that.

Zuill