Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Scripts from Previous Version of Finale  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

UCG Musician
Registered Member

Click to send UCG Musician email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to UCG MusicianAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 239

Posted 12/1/2011 7:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I see that one person posted a question on this topic but the answers were inconclusive and actually a little scary.  I have hundreds of scripts with thousands of lines of code from F2011.  Is it true that FS scripts are xml files in 2012, not text files?  If so, is there an effective conversion process?  I may be getting F2012 shortly (through a site license) and I really need to know what I might be dealing with.  I am involved in a massive project (creating instrumental hymnals containing 191 hymns in over 20 different instrumental varieties) and rely very heavily on FS automation for this work.

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 12/2/2011 1:59 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Any scripts which used the staff attributes dialog box will not work. Much of those options are now dealt with in the Score Manager, I have not had much luck in getting the scripts to work there. If you rely heavily on your custom scripts, I would just stick with 2011 if I were you.

Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.6, 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM

UCG Musician
Registered Member

Click to send UCG Musician email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to UCG MusicianAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 239

Posted 12/2/2011 3:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks. I was concerned about that. A great many of my scripts modify staff attributes. I submitted a support case and look at the "reassurance" I got -- copied below:

Hello,

The format for Finalescript files has changed to the XML format, but your text files will work without a problem.

Christopher Y.
MakeMusic Customer Support

Mircea
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 642

Posted 12/3/2011 4:13 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes my older scripts got transfered without a problem into Finale2012.
So your only problem is to rewrite those lines that were specific to staff attributes, or wherever it gets stuck now. :p

„E tot ce va spun!”

Finale 2012
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Phenom II x4 965, 4GB RAM

weeksc
Registered Member

Click to send weeksc email.Click to visit weeksc's website.Send a Private Message to weekscAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 349

Posted 2/6/2012 9:21 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
scripts that made use of the "File Info" dialog will also have to be re-written as that has also been folded into Score Manager.

--Clancy
Finale 2008b
Intel 2.3 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, GeForce GT 440 video card
Creative Labs X-Fi Platinum sound card

I never claimed to know everything... I'm just right about the things I know!

gogreen
Registered Member

Click to send gogreen email.Click to visit gogreen's website.Send a Private Message to gogreenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 1618

Posted 2/7/2012 9:03 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wish the script editor window would allow copying and pasting. That would make importing scripts from previous versions a lot easier.

Arthur J. Michaels

www.arthurjmichaels.com

Finale 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011b.r2 (using 2011b.r2)
Garritan CoMB
Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP 1
Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
M-Audio Keystation 88es
Logitech Z-2300 speaker system
Brother HL-5150D printer
AKG K-240 Studio headphones

weeksc
Registered Member

Click to send weeksc email.Click to visit weeksc's website.Send a Private Message to weekscAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 349

Posted 2/14/2012 9:02 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I do copy and paste, but I have to open the previous version, copy, then open new version and paste. For some strange reason (at least in FinWin) I have to hit copy multiple times to ensure the information is actually copied to the clipboard. Even then, the paste is sometimes a bit wonky. It works, but you have to be observant.

Of course, you can always create or edit the requisite XML file yourself.

--Clancy
Finale 2008b
Intel 2.3 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, GeForce GT 440 video card
Creative Labs X-Fi Platinum sound card

I never claimed to know everything... I'm just right about the things I know!

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 1/4/2013 5:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
you can copy the finale scripts folder contents from one version to another, then when you open the newer version of Finale the scripts are there ready to use. It is done in the finder.
Library
Application Support
make Music
Finale (v20xx)
Finale script

inside the folder are folders and scripts. Simply alt drag to another equivalent folder in a newer version to copy the script across.

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 2.66GHz Intel Quad, 4GB RAM /OSX.5.6 /30 inch cinema display+20 inch Cinema Display
Finale 2008 2009 2010/Logic Pro Studio/Komplete/GPO/Kore 2/Max.msp/Pluggo