Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > VSTi or plugin hosting  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Tomtbone
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TomtboneAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/6/2003 4:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think that it is a really good idea for Finale to start having VSTi support. 

However, has anyone had any luck with having a VSTi host outside of Finale that Finale then sends its midi to?  Then you have all of your VST's hooked into the host?

I am having problems trying to get it to work and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck

Thanks
Tbone

Martin Markvoll
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Martin Markvoll's website.Send a Private Message to Martin MarkvollAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 264

Posted 3/9/2004 4:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
VSTi-support is a great idea. I work a lot in Cubase and I would love to see the the same flexibility in Finale concerning sound output, real-time editing and and playback functions (looping, etc)

I know a lot of people use a small application called MIDIYOKE - it's something like a "virtual MIDI-connector". It let you route MIDI from Finale and into any sequencer program, like Cubase. Then you can use your VSTs within this application. I don't use it myself - the Win2k support wasn't good enough when I tested it.

Another standard I would like to se integrated in Finale is ReWire (by Propellerhead). Then Finale could be synced with most audio recording software, like Cubase, Logic or Live - or with video application for those working with soundtracks.

Regards,
Martin M

Good Ol' Finale 2003a
Win2k, Cubase SL 2.0, Ableton Live.
Pentium M/Centrino 1.5GHz, 1GB, 40GB, M-Audio FW410