Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Help with "simple" script!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Gary Mulholland
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Gary MulhollandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 23

Posted 9/9/2013 11:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all. Yesterday I had a bunch of manual editing to do because I merged 48 files into one, and decided this would be a good opportunity to try my hand at Finalescript with this. I downloaded a bunch of sax etudes in an older Finale format and for some reason, all the files had "Special Part Extraction" checked which meant I couldn't merge them until this was unchecked and the file saved (they needed to be saved into Finale 2012 format anyway). However, the script below and a zillion variations wouldn't work....any ideas? All I need the script to do is 1) uncheck "Special Part Extraction", 2) bring up the "Save As" dialog and then 3) click "OK" to save the file with the old name. I can get the "Special Part Extraction" turned off but can't get the script to continue into the Save/OK commands.

script
Uncheck menu item "Special Part Extraction"
Save As
Click "OK"

I also just tried some more scripting using the Save command and couldn't get any results with either of the commands to "cancel" or "save" at the Save dialog. What am I doing wrong?