Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > print music - how do i get it to work.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jennymc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jennymcAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/16/2004 12:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
just bought this "great" program that I can't get to work.  I bought a midisport uno usb-midi interface which won't install on my computer - says it's xp compatible.  Should I be buying a sound blaster sound card.  Didn't want to go buy anything I didn't need so I thought I'd ask some people who might be able to help.  I don't seem to have any midi in options when I got to set-up the midi part of the program.  any assistance is appreciated.

jm

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 2203

Posted 11/16/2004 10:12 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Try downloading the latest driver. I just read some good and bad stuff about this interface. Some people say there are some compatibiliy problems.

David Morehead

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 2203

Posted 11/16/2004 10:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Problems when installing from the driver CD (Version 093003)

Q: I have problems installing the driver from the CD that came with the Uno (CD Version 093003). What can I do?

A: A new Uno driver has been released since the Uno was shipped to the stores. We recommend to use this driver instead of the one from the driver CD. Please click on the link below to download the latest Uno driver.

1. Click here to download the latest Uno driver
2. Make sure that the UNO is NOT connected to the Computer before continuing!
3. Click “Save” and browse to a location on your harddrive where you will be able to find the downloaded file (e.g. the Desktop). Then click “Save” again.
4. Locate the downloaded file and double-click it. An Installer Window will open up.
5. Click “Next” in the welcome screen
6. If you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000, a “Windows Logo Testing” or “Digital Signature Not Found” message will be displayed. Click “Continue Anyway” or “Yes”.
7. Click “Finish” in the last screen of the installer.
8. Connect the MIDISport Uno to an available USB port on your computer (do not use a USB hub during the installation).
9. Additional “Windows Logo Testing” or “Digital Signature Not Found” might be displayed if you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000. Make sure to click “Continue Anyway” or “Yes” every time this message pops up during this installation.
10. You may or may not be prompted to restart the computer. Please restart the computer when being prompted.

If you don’t have the possibility to download the latest driver for the Uno from our driver download page, you can also install the driver from the CD although we don’t recommend this. Here is how this can be done:

1. Right-click on your Computer’s desktop and select “New” and “Folder”.
2. Insert the Uno driver CD into your CD-ROM drive.
3. Browse to the CD-ROM drive (PC Installer) and double-click the folder “Installer XP,2000,ME,98,95”
4. Double-click the file that is found in this folder (MS_Uno_4116 .EXE)
5. In the window that opens up, click on “Browse”, locate and click on the “New Folder” that you have created on your desktop. Then click “OK”
6. Back in the previous window, click “Extract”.
7. The following dialog will be displayed: “Extraction completed. Do you want to run the following program? #install.txt”. Click “Yes”.
8. The document that opens after clicking “Yes” contains instructions on how to proceed through the rest of the installation, categorized by Operating System. Please follow the instructions for the Operating System you are running.

David Morehead