Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Internal Speaker works with Mac OS X?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

AlexusII
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to AlexusIIAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2002
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/16/2002 7:16 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I`m trying to enable the internal speaker option on Finale 2002 (under Classic environment) on my I-Book with Mac OS X but it won`t sound anything.
Any tips?

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 6/16/2002 1:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Playback in Classic is a well known issue.

Actually the problem can occur in Mac OS 9 as well, since the culprit is a collision between QuickTime 5 and Finale's MicNotator.

2 solutions:

1. Go back to QuickTime 4.2.1.

2. Save the Finale file as a MIDI file (File menu > Save As...), and drag the MIDI file onto QuickTime Player.

Peter

ericdano
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit ericdano's website.Send a Private Message to ericdanoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 32

Posted 6/16/2002 2:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had the same problem with both my G4 cube using the iMic and my friends Powerbook G3. Midi playback was totally messed.

However, it seems to work FINE in the Prerelease Quicktime 6, which you can download from http://www.quicktime.com/

Finale 2002 playback via Quicktime and iMic works perfect.

pacomahone
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to pacomahoneAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/17/2002 1:21 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 6/16/2002 7:54:00 PM, Eric Dannewitz
wrote:
>I had the same problem with
>both my G4 cube using the iMic
>and my friends Powerbook G3.
>Midi playback was totally
>messed.
>
>However, it seems to work FINE
>in the Prerelease Quicktime 6,
>which you can download from
>http://www.quicktime.com/
>
>Finale 2002 playback via
>Quicktime and iMic works
>perfect.

Is it safe to use quicktime 6 if your G4
imac is your main computer. I am getting
scratchy sounds when i play back my
charts. Your a Jazz sax player, maybe you
help me. I use finale so i can print neater
scores of my tunes(my handwriting
sucks). I have had the hardest time trying
put chords in the charts. Especially,
chords with a few raised notes. For
example I can't type in( I do everything
manually) an E flat major 9 chord with a
sharp 11. in fact i can't get a E flat to
come up it always comes in e major. also
how can you get the play back to swing.

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 6/17/2002 9:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Paco,

In order to help you with the chord symbols we need a little more information. What music font are you using for the chord symbols? Maestro? Opus? Or?

Swing playback (rolled 8ths) can be established in several ways. My personal favorite is the Tempo Tool that allows you to get exact control of the parameters:

1. Switch to Tempo Tool. Click the first measure. The Tempo Adjustment dialog box appears.
2. Click the button "Set Swing...". The Set Swing Ratio dialog box appears.
3. By default, the dialog box initially suggests a percent of 200, and a duration level of 512 EDUs.
The 200 percent mean that the long tone is twice as long as the short tone, thus dividing the beat in 2/3 + 1/3.
300 percent gives 3/4 + 1/4.
150 percent gives 3/5 + 2/5. Get it?
512 EDUs mean an 8th. In order to get swing 16ths instead, change the number to 256 EDUs (or click the button "Duration...").

Peter