Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > No audio drivers listed in Audio Setup window - Finale 25  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

cauerbachbrown
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cauerbachbrownAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2016
Total Posts : 8

Posted 9/4/2016 9:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Forum -

I recently installed Finale 25 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet with Windows 10. When I first installed it the program mostly worked ok, but there were issues with the audio playback. I could only play back the file once before the program quit playing back the file altogether. I also couldn't get the VST sounds to work; I was using the MIDI sounds for audio playback.

Now Finale won't play back audio at all; to make matters worse, no audio drivers are listed in the Audio Setup window. (Screenshot included for verification). I've tested the audio in other programs and have had no issues. I also hear sound efx on the computer so I know the audio is still working. I'm using ASIO4ALL as my main audio driver for the laptop.

The only thing I did to the computer recently was to update Java. This fixed issues in other programs (surprisingly) but now my playback in Finale isn't even an option.

Suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Chris A-B
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
finale screenshot.png
  555KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 1257 time(s).

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 1723

Posted 9/4/2016 9:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Chris

It look like you at some stage tried to use ReWire (either on purpose or by accident)
From your main menu, MIDI/AUDIO->Device Setup->Reset ReWire

Once you click on "Reset ReWire" you may need to shut down then re-start Finale.
That should fix things up.

The thing to look for is the playback controls. You'll notice that there is a button labelled "Re-Sync Score Data" in place of the usual play buttons.
If you see that you are in ReWire mode. If you do not mean to be in ReWire mode, just reset ReWire as I described.

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006-2011, Finale 25 - Win7 64 bit

cauerbachbrown
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cauerbachbrownAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2016

Posted 9/4/2016 10:23 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow, that fixed it! Thx!

I think my ultimate issue is that I have a handful of audio programs on my tablet that use ReWire in one form or another. Will monitor these to see if I notice anything odd with their interactions with Finale in the future.

Chris A-B

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 9/4/2016 10:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Chris

If you're going to use Finale with other audio apps and not use ReWire, start Finale *first*. That will start Finale in 'normal' mode. If you start the other app first and then Finale, there is the chance that Finale will start in ReWire mode.

Cheers...

------------------------

cauerbachbrown
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2016

Posted 9/4/2016 11:12 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'll definitely keep that in mind from now on. Thank you!

cauerbachbrown
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2016

Posted 9/4/2016 12:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok, one more issue...

So, everything is up and running but there's one last bug. Whenever I input a note into Speedy Entry, I should hear the note as I place it on the staff, but that doesn't happen. I can hear it after I enter notes into the score, but not during. Any ideas as to what might be the issue? Not a big deal, but I'd like to fix it.

Thanks again!

Chris

Daz
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 9/4/2016 7:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Chris

I take it that you mean that you hear no sound while entering notes, but when you play back your score you hear something?

Are you running another sound/midi/DAW app in the background while you're inputting notes?

If so, try using Finale exclusively and see if that makes a difference.

You also might want to put your full system specs into your signature (device, os, sound, peripherals). This makes it easier for people to make understand your setup.
You can edit your profile by clickin on "control panel" at the top of this screen then selectging "Edit Proflie. Your signature is at the bottom of the profile page

Cheers...

------------------------
Core2 Duo i7-4790, 16Gb Ram, Soundblaster Z

nordensten
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to nordenstenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 419

Posted 9/5/2016 2:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
cauerbachbrown said...
Ok, one more issue... I should hear the note as I place it on the staff, but that doesn't happen. I can hear it after I enter notes into the score, but not during. Any ideas as to what might be the issue? Not a big deal, but I'd like to fix it.
Chris

...check Midi Thru... setting ?

(Finale 1.0 (1988) -> 2014.5) using 2012c (on Win since 1997)
Cubase 8.5 Pro & Reaper - Vienna Ensemble Pro - Ircam SPAT - Hauptwerk 4 - Overture 5
Libraries: VSL, Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, Xsample, Embertone, Wallander, Pianoteq, Sample Modeling, EWQL +++
Garritan Steinway - Garritan CFX pianos
Multiple Windows computers W7/W8.1/i7/32GB