Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Microphone isn't working at all!  Forum Quick Jump

Has anyone else experienced this?
yes - 0.0%
no - 0.0%

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

raffikidabassoon
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to raffikidabassoonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/21/2009 10:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So I have had this microphone for only a year and it isn't working at all anymore. I have done everything that your site has told me to do and nothing hasworked! Do I have to buy a new microphone after just one year of use? If the microphones are this cheap, then it's a problem.

Please help

p.s. The microphone was well taken care of and was keptin a room atroom temperature. There is nothing physically wrong with the microphone.

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 11/22/2009 7:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dear Raffikidabassoon,

Welcome to the forum. Please note that you have posted in the area for Finale plug-in software development. I presume you would best served in the SmartMusic section.

Also, note that this is primarily a forum for users to share info and help each other. If you have a specific problem, you should submit a support request directly to MakeMusic, through the Support section of their website.

If you post again, you should try to include as much detail as possible: What computer do you have; what OS? What audio/MIDI hardware do you have?
What version of SmartMusic do you have?

You say that you have "tried everything that your site has told me". But this is your first post. Please list everything you have tried. There may be something that you haven't tried that someone can recommend you to try.

I would guess that either the microphone has indeed failed, or some settings have changed and the app or the OS no longer recognises the mic. I don't use SmartMusic myself, but I would try to see if the OS recognises the mic at all; if it will work in any other app; and also if another mic will work with SM. These steps may help to isolate the problem.

If all else fails, and the microphone is broken, then you may be able to get a replacement, depending on consumer legislation where you are.

I know that it can be infuriating when things don't work as expected, but try to keep calm. :-)

Finale 2009c, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.6.1
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk